Lindsay Cluxton: The One That Got Away

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

What is your name? Major? Hometown?
My name is Lindsay Cluxton. I’m a Junior studying Business Marketing. I’m from Oviedo, Florida.

How did you land the main part in Jake Owen’s music video “The One That Got Away”?
The video’s producer contacted me through my modeling agency. He was looking for a local girl because the video was filmed in Cocoa Beach, and also a girl who was old enough to be in a video, yet looked young enough to pass as a sixteen year old.

How long have you been involved in modeling? What made you start?
I started modeling about four years ago. I had an interest in modeling for some time, but I was always busy with sports and extracurricular activities. The summer before my senior year of high school, I felt like the timing was right to pursue modeling.

What was it like being on set with Jake Owen?
I didn’t film with Jake Owen because my scenes were meant to portray his flashbacks to the ’90s. I had a blast being on set though. The actor who played the younger version of Jake was such a goofball, and the director, producer, and everyone else involved were awesome. I can’t say enough good things about the people I worked with.  

Did you get the chance to meet him after the video was filmed?
I got the chance to meet Jake before his concert in Cincinnati on his Brothers of the Sun Tour this summer. He was very down to earth and wanted to know all about my experience with the video. I’ve been a fan of country music my whole life, so I was thrilled when I found out that I’d get to meet Jake.

Have you ever worked with any other big celebrities?
I haven’t worked with anyone else famous, but I would love the opportunity to do something like this again.

Are you involved in anything else exciting?
I had a shoot with Jacksonville Magazine a couple weeks ago and it’s my first cover, so if anyone has family in Jacksonville, look out for me.

What do you hope to do in the future?
I might pursue modeling more seriously once I graduate, but right now I’m very content with being a student who models part time. I’m thankful that I can do both here at UCF.

Nicholas Osler graduated from the University of Central Florida in 2014 with a degree in Interpersonal/Organizational Communication. Connect with him on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/nicholasosler