This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The leather trend has finally reached UCF just as the weather is finally getting a bit crisp. I found this UCF student rocking her leather around campus this week. A strong sense of style and air of confncence made this undergraduate’s look standout from the sea of students waling about Farrell Commons.  

Like I said earlier leather is a huge trend this season. This collegiette chose to stick with a more traditional leather piece … the leather jacket. The leather jacket is an item that can be thrown on over any outfit. Whether is be jeans and a tee or a more complex of an outfit like above, the leather jacket really gives a bit of toughness to any look.

The great color combo of red a black has this fashionista standing out from the rest. The color pallet had a major influence of punk in it and her “I don’t care” attitude made her look like a badass with every step she took. Using black as her main shade of the day she used eye catching pops of color and accessories to set her apart.

All around UCF all I see are combat boots. Don’t think that the last statement I made is supposed to be a negative: boots are a winter fashion staple and combat boots are leading the way. They are an easy shoe to throw on to give a bit of toughness to and outfit.

This gal decided to finish her look with a tough spike necklace. It was an unexpected piece of jewelry usually reserved for more of a hardcore type of crowd; but it surprisingly complemented her outfit. Her bold choice of jewelry allowed her to keep the rest of her jewelry nonexistence but not lacking. A perfect pair of black aviator was the icing on the cake of this great outfit

Get the Look:

Spiked Necklace: This fashionista’s necklace is a piece of jewelry that not many people own. If you’re interested in finding a necklace similar to hers, Hot Topic sells one that doesn’t break the bank.

Red Floral Shirt: The red spotted shirt that the student wore was a great eye catching top. I sound a similar one like it at Urban Outfitters. Thought the price tag is a bit much, this top can be used again and again with a plethora of outfits.   

Leather Jacket: The leather jacket comes in many styles and price ranges, it all about finding one that works for you. My place to look is at Macy’s, their large selection gives you the opportunity to find the right jacket for you.

Hair: Hints of lavender highlights adorned this gal’s hair. If permanent colored highlights aren’t your thing try a temporary solution like hair chalk. Hair Chalk offers a temporary option for a girl that like to play with her hair color; Forever 21 offers this sweet lavender shade for an inexpensive price. If you would like a whole rainbow of options Urban Outfitters has a perfect pack of color for you.