The Latest James Bond at His Sexiest: Daniel Craig

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

If People Magazine had gone to a movie theater after Nov. 9, they may have reconsidered their choice for Sexiest Man Alive. Truly, I’d take the greatest agent at MI6 over a stripper any and every day. After seeing Skyfall, and being a fan of the Bond films since I saw my very first (Die Another Day starring Pierce Brosnan), I couldn’t stop thinking about how mind-blowingly awesome this film is. This one takes a new direction, focusing more on character development, interaction and conflict, but still–without fail–stays true to the signature suave, sexy nature of the unstoppable 007.

Ladies First

Oh, Miss Moneypenny… 

In Skyfall, Moneypenny, out of the goodness of her heart (or hormones) helps Bond (Daniel Craig) get a clean shave. The old school straight razor, while keeping Bond classy, is certainly sexier than a Gillette five-blade.

Seductive Showers

If you’ve never gotten frisky in the shower, grab two towels and a partner (safely, please) and, well, get wet. The scene is also from Skyfall and features one incredibly sexy  Bérénice Marlohe in her debut part. You know the casting directors landed a win when you would bang a Bond Girl and Bond too.

Motion of the Ocean

Daniel Craig’s first Bond film was Casino Royale in 2006. Here he falls for the mysteriously alluring Vesper Lynd. Wishing you could put yourself in these scenes yet?  Yeah, me too.

Strawberry Fields – forever?

No, I’m not kidding, that’s the name of this Bond Girl. A play on words in a character’s name is a classic trademark of the Bond film series spanning 50 years. Now back to the sexy: Bond and Fields get to have some slinky downtime in Quantum of Solace while women everywhere plead to trade places with her. This YouTube video has a “may be inappropriate for some users” warning because America likes to warn you before you get turned on. Click on “I understand and wish to proceed,” and you should be fine.

Man of the Hour

The James Bond films were originally adapted from the novels by Ian Fleming about the suave, polished secret agent. We’ve had a long series of Bond films, Skyfall marking the 50th anniversary, and I hope they can go on for another 50. Sean Connery was the first Bond with the film Dr. No, and the legacy continued with stars such as George Lazenby, Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan.

Beautiful secret agent overlooking a vast cityscape? Where are the stairs to the roof please?

Speed Chase in Casino Royale

“Casino Royale Parkour Chase”

Sexiness doesn’t just happen in bed, or the shower, or the ocean, but in watching Bond run after a bad guy. Besides being one stellar choreographed chase integrating the excitement of Parkour, which was derived from military obstacle training, the scene from Casino Royale features Sébastien Foucan, the founder of free-running. So Craig essentially is running after a professional. And this is also why this scene is so unbelievably good.

For whom does the bell really toll?

All I can say is this is one kickass fight scene from Quantum of Solace.

Still not convinced? Check out the trailer for Skyfall, which is now in theaters. I’d say it may be the best Bond film yet, and this is coming from a girl who wishes she was a Bond Girl. If you love action, adventure, cinematic beauty, dangerous romance and conspiracy, go watch this movie. And all the other Bond movies. Special thanks to Daniel Craig for his perpetually stunning performances and chiseled abs — and chiseled everything.  

Samantha Henry is a Feature Writer for HCUCF and is a junior double majoring in Journalism and Creative Writing. As a music festival enthusiast, she loves to write about music and how it influences our generation.
UCF Contributor