Kyle Smith: HCUCF PR/Events Director

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Ms. Kyle Smith is a senior majoring in Advertising/Public Relations. She reports the latest fashion trends right here on campus throughout the semester. As a true New Yorker, she is inspired by some of the biggest names in fashion and would love nothing more than to be roaming the streets of NYC someday.

When did you start working with HC?

-I started working with HC in September of 2011.

Who told you about HC and how did you get involved?

-I heard about HC from former editor-in-chief and founder, Sara Newton. I got involved when they were planning their fashion show and needed extra hands to assist in the planning and production of the show.

What are your plans after graduation?

-Ideally, I plan to move to NYC and do PR for the entertainment industry, but realistically, I will probably go wherever I get an offer, which will most likely be South Florida. Don’t worry, I will be in NYC before anyone knows it.

What was your most favorite undergrad memory?

-How can I pick just one? It was the best time of my life. If I had to pick, it would probably be the old Scoop. Who could forget that place?

What is one piece of advice you can give incoming freshman with regards to their college experience?

– Enjoy every second of it. It goes a lot faster than you think!

Nina DeSarro is a senior at the University of Central Florida, pursuing a degree in Communication with a minor in Magazine Journalism and Sociology. She is the Assistant Editorial Director for UCF's HC chapter, and has been an avid Feature writer since her freshman year. Within her varied group of friends, she’s known as their “relationship guru,” specializing in the male/female dynamics. She is also an active member and former finance chair for her sorority, Alpha Epsilon Phi. In addition to being an avid writer, she can usually be found “plugged-in” with Dave Matthews Band streaming. Her ideal world is filled with Cosmo magazines, Vanilla Lattes, Sex and the City, Louboutin’s, and anything glittery. Her goals include, living and working somewhere in the North East for a television or magazine agency. 
UCF Contributor