Katie Whitehead ’12

This week, we have a Campus Cutie that everyone here at HCUCF is sure to miss. Katie Whitehead, our Vice President, is graduating this semester. I asked Katie what her favorite HC and UCF memories were and to provide some tips for collegiettes entering their last semester.  

What are you most excited about now that you are a college graduate? 

I’m most excited to take a little break and to go home to see family. I’m also really excited about exploring job options and seeing what adventures are out there for me to try next. (Oprah and IndyCar- I’m coming for you.)

What was your favorite part about your senior year of college?

It was actually pretty awesome to use all the skills I have learned over the last four years in my internship and capstone class. To see everything you’ve worked so hard on come together is really rewarding, especially to walk away with a portfolio to take on interviews. 

What was your favorite HCUCF moment this year?

My favorite moment this year was when the entire Her Campus UCF team went bowling. It was so much fun and I got to talk with everyone on the team in a totally different setting.  The Walk to End Alzheimer’s was also a really great day with the team! 

What is your favorite memory from your years at UCF?

My favorite memory from UCF is watching the Super Bowl my sophomore year. My friends and I had a potluck and just hung out all day. Football, food, and good friends just made college feel like home.

Do you have any advice for collegiettes on how to get through their last semester?

Figure out what’s truly important to you and also what will be enjoyable. If you take on too many internships and activities thinking it will look good on a resume, you’ll be spread too thin and be too tired to make any of it worthwhile. The time goes fast and you have your whole life to work, so be sure to enjoy college while it lasts. 

It has been a wonderful pleasure working with Katie this semester. Together we were always able to find a solution to any problem and we managed to have a blast while doing so. On behalf of the entire Her Campus at UCF team, I wish Katie the best of luck in her future journeys. Keep in touch, Katie! 

Nicholas Osler graduated from the University of Central Florida in 2014 with a degree in Interpersonal/Organizational Communication. Connect with him on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/nicholasosler