Jumpstart Your Dream Internship with Intern Sushi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Gone are the days of your paper resume sitting on a potential employer’s desk for weeks on end. Instead, collegiettes™ can showcase their talents and achievements through a digital profile on www.internsushi.com.

What is Intern Sushi?
Intern Sushi offers a brand new way for collegiettes™ to apply for internships in
industries such as Advertising/PR, Publishing, Fashion, Sports, Theatre, and much more. Collegiettes™ can present their talents with a digital profile, portfolio and references, instead of just mailing a traditional resume. Intern Sushi gives students a media platform to communicate their stories to potential employers in a new and innovative way.

The website offers helpful hints on how to land an internship in the Guide to Getting Picked section. The video explains how to create your video resume to help yourself stand out. Furthermore, it offers helpful hints and explains what not to do on an interview.

The Industry Insider section of the website offers insight to different industries with clips and articles. For example, there is a clip from the president of MTV Networks, Doug Herzog, discussing his first internship, the mistakes he made, and why he went into the television industry.

To get an idea of what to put in your video, the Intern Videos section of the website offers numerous examples of other students’ videos posted on Intern Sushi. They are categorized as “Top Funny, Top Focused, and Top Fresh” so you can find which one suits what you’re looking for best.

Some of the internship companies affiliated with Intern Sushi are:
• Dick Clark Productions
• Lacoste
• Yelp
• Heineken
• Spike TV
• Rent The Runway
• Roberto Cavalli
• NBCUniversal
• Live Nation Entertainment
• Sephora
• Oxygen Media
• Billboard
• EBONY Magazine

To register for Intern Sushi and make your dream internship a reality, click here. Be sure to mark the University of Central Florida Brand Ambassador, Alexandra Lemoine, as the person who referred you. 

Nicholas Osler graduated from the University of Central Florida in 2014 with a degree in Interpersonal/Organizational Communication. Connect with him on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/nicholasosler