J’s Everyday Fashion Closet Sale for Sierra Leone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

If you haven’t heard of J’s Everyday Fashion yet, get ready to find out about your new favorite fashion blog! J’s Everyday fashion is run by a local Orlando fashion blogger, Jeanette Scott. Her blog covers fashion for the everyday women and the latest trends on a budget…perfect for us frugal college fashionistas! She styles outfits inspired from magazines and tells us exactly where to buy them for a steal compared to high fashion retailers. On top of her everyday blog, she does a slew of other things like fashion and budget how-tos. She works with company blogs like Disney’s Babble, and is a spokesperson for Wal-Mart. She has also collaborated with many companies like Macy’s, Old Navy, and Aldo.

With all that being said, J’s Everyday Fashion will be hosting a closet sale right here in Orlando on Saturday September 28th, 2013. It will be at Summit Church (735 Herndon Avenue, next to Fashion Square Mall) starting at 10 a.m. and will run until 12 p.m. Jeannette will be selling over 200 items from her closet and all proceeds will be going to Children of the Nations for Sierra Leone, Africa. Alongside Jeanette, other local bloggers, boutiques, and nonprofits will be selling their goods to further fundraise for Sierra Leone. A few that will be joining are Other Peoples Property, which will be having a sale up to 90% off on their vintage items, Market Colors which is a local nonprofit that sells crafts from Africa to enable them to reach international markets. Also Noonday will be selling their fashionable, fair-trade handmade accessories. The full list of boutiques attending is listed below.

The proceeds raised from this event will be donated Children of the Nations (COTN) and going to station in Sierra Leone, a country in Africa still recovering from a 10-year long civil war. Many children were orphaned during the decade long war; this is where COTN has come in. They have provided homes for these children along with schools, clinics, feeding centers and many other facilities to provide care for these children. Proceeds from this sale will continue to help maintain these facilities and further help COTN in their mission to help these children. Find out more about Children of the Nations here: www.cotni.org

Sale Location

Summit Church
735 Herndon Ave
Orlando, FL 32803
Next to Fashion Square Mall

Participating in the Sale

– Host: J from J’s Everyday Fashion.
(www.jseverydayfashion.com)

– 31 Gifts, Ashley Haley
(mythirtyone.com/ashleyhaley)

– Other Peoples Property
(etsy.com/shop/OtherPeoplesProperty)

– Market Colors
(marketcolors.org)

– Elle B.
(shopelleb.com)

– Noonday, Melonie Grover
(meloniegrover.noondaycollection.com)

– Got Karma
(facebook.com/gotkarmaorlando)

– Gigi’s Cupcakes
(facebook.com/GigisCupcakesOrlandoFlorida)

– Children of the Nations (COTN)
(www.cotni.org)

UCF Contributor