It’s Okay to Not Have Found That “Person” Yet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It’s okay to not have found your best friend or “person” yet. You can still surround yourself with the ones who bring light into your life.

Although many college girls hope to become best friends with their roommate or someone from a school organization it is okay to not have created that bond right away. Girls can be a handful when it comes to choosing friends which makes it harder to connect physically and emotionally with someone. They are quick to judge and assume certain aspects of a person based on looks and style.

Freshman starting college usually hang out with their group of friends from high school that went to the same college as them making it harder for others to join in on their group activities. They eventually feel as if they are an outsider to the group making them feel alone and miserable. Without having a person to turn to, it can be hard to coup with the struggle to make friends in the process.

However.

Don’t give up so fast. Everything takes time and the more patient you are with yourself and the ones around you, the more you’ll see that certain people just like you are all around campus.

You are not alone.

Personally, I am one of those individuals that have yet to find my “person”, someone I trust with every secret, every conflict and every joke. I have a nice group of close friends that I enjoy spending time with but I’m aware of the fact that they have other best friends they rather hang with before me. I am OK with that. I have come to the conclusion that I am my own best friend. I make choices myself that benefit me in the best ways possible.

Focus on yourself rather than changing who you are for someone else just to make friends. You are amazing the way you are and you should be proud of that.