It’s The Girl’s Turn At Fake L.A. Apparel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

A few months ago, I introduced you to Lance Roylo and his clothing apparel company, Fake L.A. Finally, after waiting impatiently, the woman’s line has been released to the public, and let me tell you, it was well worth the wait! This line is a full collection of tops for women and the garments themselves stepped it up, too. The tops are now all made with high-end, eco-friendly materials that create some of the most comfortable shirts you have ever felt. The girl’s line is filled with several different cuts of shirts. There is something for every girl: crop tops; tanks; cowl backs; long sleeves; deep v-necks; and scoop neck tees. What I love most about this line is the versatility; you can dress them up or dress them down without loosing an ounce of style!

Don’t worry boys, they didn’t forget about you either! With the addition to the woman’s line, the men’s stepped up their game, too. The men’s apparel also has the fabulous new material for the shirts and more daring designs!

A few months ago, I had the privilege of being present at this collections photo shoot involving several familiar faces –  some of our own Her Campus UCF staff members! I asked these fabulous models what they thought of the line and their experience on set for the photo shoot. Justin Gilbert, a HC UCF writer and new Secretary said, “There is no way NOT to look like a rock star while wearing it!” Kacey Langston, the former Publicity and Events Director of Her Campus UCF, told me, “I love Fake L.A. because all the shirts are edgy and unique!” Paige Goodwin, a Her Campus UCF writer and new Editorial Director claimed that, “Fake L.A. is a line of comfortable yet provocative apparel that will keep you coming back for more!” These are real students with real accounts of the merchandise that is featured in the new line. If they can’t convince you of how amazing the brand is, I don’t know what will! As for my experience on set of the photo shoot, it was amazing seeing all of these designs that have just been a thought in Lance’s mind be put onto real girls and seeing him light up knowing that his vision was portrayed.

Not only did the brand get a whole new line, but a face lift to their website, too! Founder and Designer, Lance spent countless hours redoing the site to make it perfect and user friendly. Lance has   added a Facebook fan page soley dedicated to the woman’s line, Fake L.A. (W), to give and get insight from the new female buyer. The brand has also given into the newest social media craze, Pinterest, to let the fans follow how the line is made, by seeing everything from inspirations to the finished garments. Fake L.A. has a whole new look to help them move into a bigger market!

The obvious downside to Fake L.A. is the unfriendly prices to our college student budgets, but let me tell you, it is worth it! You pay the high prices for a high quality item, and these pieces are so versatile that you will get your money’s worth. Melissa Bromley, the new Treasurer of HC UCF and Fake L.A. Spring 2012 model, explained, “The Fake L.A. clothing line is worth every penny in relation to the silk-like texture and provocative, daring phrases that consume it. It’s bold, daring and comfortable!” This brand will be something huge one day and I am here to let you in on the secret before everyone else finds out, so jump on the Fake L.A. train before you are one of the thousands! I do not believe in many things in this world, but I do believe in the Fake L.A. line and my very good, personal friend Lance Roylo. The woman’s line addition to the brand is just the very first step of amazing things to come out of Lance’s ridiculously creative and modest head! I cannot wait to see what is next for Fake L.A. apparel, and you should feel the same way! Stay connected to the brand through their website, www.fake-la.com, their Facebook, Fake L.A. and Fake L.A. (W), their Twitter, @FakeLA, and now their Pinterest, FAKE LA!

Photo credit: Lance Roylo