An Inside Look at the Her Conference 2019 x Honest Beauty Kickoff Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Just a few weeks ago, I was living it up in Los Angeles, California for this year’s Her Conference: Inspire. Like the conference itself, it was my first time traveling to the West Coast. Yup, you read that correctly.

For the first time in its eight-year history, Her Conference has gone coast-to-coast with its girl power, badass keynote speakers and industry-driven workshops. Her Conference: Inspire was based in LA and focused on social media influencers and marketing while Her Conference: Empower is based in New York City and will focus more on writing, editing and building a loyal audience. Both provide incredible networking opportunities and memories to last a lifetime!

Among this year’s sponsors was The Honest Company, a beauty and wellness brand founded by keynote speaker Jessica Alba. The products featured were specifically from Honest Beauty, the company’s makeup and skin care division.

I figured that there would be some sort of event to kick off Her Conference weekend, but when I found out it was going to be a party hosted at the Honest headquarters in Los Angeles, I dropped everything and RSVP’d ASAP.

Needless to say, I packed a ton of outfits for any given professional opportunity and photo-op. I was ready to slay the Her Conference x Honest Beauty kickoff party. I was eager to explore Honest HQ and see if the products lived up to the hype. (Spoiler alert: they exceeded all expectations.)

Entering the headquarters, Honest products like diapers and household cleaners were showcased in kitchen, bathroom and nursery sets. However, my favorite showroom had to be the Honest Beauty room where guests got to demo different makeup products.

Between Honest inspired cocktails, mocktails and delicious hors d’oeuvres (including purple cauliflower!), I felt like Lizzie McGuire when she was in Rome. Only I was living my dreams of being an influencer instead of an international pop star.

There was also a gorgeous millennial pink photo backdrop and accompanying ring light to capture picture-perfect memories. Come on, did you really expect a Her Campus event to not have a photo-op?

The rooftop outside provided a breathtaking view of LA, as well as games like table shuffleboard, ping pong and corn hole. Honest HQ was an all-around good time.

Aside from networking and making new friends, I must admit that the make-your-own goodie bag station was my favorite part of the party. That’s exactly what it sounds like: we got to fill up a canvas makeup bag with up to six Honest Beauty products.

I decided to grab all six items because I wanted to try everything out! My goodie bag consisted of the Honest Beauty Hydrogel Cream, Gentle Gel Cleanser, Magic Beauty Balm Stick, Matte Everything Primer, Tinted Lip Balm and Extreme Length Mascara and Primer.

If you’d like to hear more of my personal opinions regarding the Honest Beauty and Her Conference goodie bags, feel free to check out my IGTV video about it!

To be honest… I had an incredible time at the Her Conference 2019 kickoff party at The Honest Company HQ! I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything in the world.

Images: 2, 5 provided by Lena Daniels. All other images provided by the author.

Samantha Olson is a University of Central Florida alumna who served as senior and deputy editor for HCUCF. She graduated with a bachelor of arts in journalism with a minor in creative writing and a certificate in editing and publishing. When Sam isn't admiring city life and art museums, she's working as Seventeen Magazine's editorial fellow and running Shifter Mag alongside her BFF, Victor.  For daily doses of Sam, follow her on Instagram.
UCF Contributor