If You Like This “Red (Taylor’s Version)” Song, Listen to These Other Taylor Swift Songs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

With the highly anticipated release of Red (Taylor’s Version), I have compiled a list below of songs you should listen to based on your favorite Red (Taylor’s Version) song. Whether you want to refresh a playlist, or you’re looking to find songs that match how you feel listening to Red, the list below will offer songs from each album that will stay in your head — burning red.

If your favorite song is “red,” try “Enchanted”
Speak Now Sparks Fly GIF by Taylor Swift - Find & Share on GIPHY

If you like “Red,” listen to “Enchanted” from Speak Now. “Red” is a song you listen to when you can’t get someone out of your head. This song is fiery and passionate; “Enchanted” is similar in the way that it describes a love that you are so caught up in, you are praying that they are not in love with someone else. These songs complement each other in the way that they recognize it’s hard to forget someone, even if you are only trying to forget the version of them you created in your head.  

if your favorite song is “all too well,” try “white Horse”
Taylor Swift GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

If you like “All Too Well,” first of all, are you okay? Second, if this is your favorite, listen to “White Horse” from Fearless (Taylor’s Version). “All Too Well” recalls the happy memories of getting lost upstate and the leaves falling, while “White Horse” recalls a point in the relationship where they were living in a fairytale. The conclusion of both of these songs is heart-wrenching, as it’s realizing that the relationship is over and there’s no person on a “white horse” coming to save you. While the songs are a reminder it’s hard to find yourself after a breakup, it’s necessary to be able to move forward and you’ll be better off because of it.

if your favorite is “State of Grace,” try “wonderland”
Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

If you like “State of Grace,” listen to “Wonderland” from 1989 (Deluxe). “State of Grace” describes a person as more than you bargained for because they “were never a saint” and all you know is “touch and go.” “Wonderland” describes the point of your relationship where you are ready to take a plunge together, and it’s like finding the real wonderland. These songs describe the curiosity, chaos and peace that can be found with a new partner — a feeling that you don’t want to end. 

if your your favorite is “The Lucky ONe,” Try “MirrorBall”
Wildest Dreams GIF by Taylor Swift - Find & Share on GIPHY

If “The Lucky One” is your favorite song, listen to “mirrorball” from folklore. “The Lucky One” is a song about realizing that even after fame and recognition, you still won’t feel satisfied. “mirrorball” is about trying to show the shiniest parts of oneself to continue to perform for the people around them. Both songs personify what it’s like when you have a hyper-focus on trying to achieve a dream that in some ways isn’t achievable, but you’ve lost yourself in trying to reach it. 

If your favorite is “I Knew You Were Trouble,” Try “Should’ve Said No”
Music Video Swifties GIF by Vevo - Find & Share on GIPHY

If you like “I Knew You Were Trouble,” listen to “Should’ve Said No” from Taylor Swift. You knew there were red flags, but you thought you could fix them. Take it from “Should’ve Said No” Taylor — it wasn’t worth it. These songs are subtle reminders that you really can’t fix them even if you think they’re different when they’re with you. It’s a shame because now you’ve been led to places you’ve never been.

If your Favorite is “22,” Try “London Boy”
Taylor Swift Confetti GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

If you like “22,” listen to “London Boy” from Lover. “22” is the most fun and youthful anthem on a tracklist riddled with emotional songs. So, if you’re trying to replicate the serotonin you get from listening to “22” — listen to the happy-go-lucky love letter to Joe Alwyn known as “London Boy.”

If your Favorite is “Starlight,” Try “King Of My Heart”
End Game GIF by Taylor Swift - Find & Share on GIPHY

If you like “Starlight,” listen to “King of My Heart” from reputation. “Starlight” recalls the moments of a relationship where you’ve never been happier to be with someone because all the small things feel right. This is the same for “King of My Heart.” It’s the simple things like hearing a song or drinking from a plastic cup that define the best moments in both of these songs because you’re so smitten.  

If your Favorite is “Begin Again,” Try “Long STory Short”
Jack Antonoff Disney GIF by Taylor Swift - Find & Share on GIPHY

Finally, if you like “Begin Again,” listen to “long story short” from evermore. “Begin Again” is about finding change and letting go of the past, and I believe that “long story short” is actually the mature older sister of “Begin Again.” These are songs for when you’re patting yourself on the back for surviving what you thought you couldn’t in a relationship or elsewhere. Both songs end by showing that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel and that all the heartbreak will eventually be worth it when you find yourself with the right person. 

I don’t know about you, but I’ll be streaming Red (Taylor’s Version) for the foreseeable future. However, if you’re looking for some songs with a similar vibe, be sure to check these out!

Hailey is a junior at the University of Central Florida pursuing a degree in marketing and a minor in mass media. Besides writing, her hobbies include keeping up with celebrity gossip, reading, making collages and watching TV. She cites her biggest inspirations as Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, and Blake Lively, but deep down knows that some days you just wake up feeling like Nick Miller.