This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It’s been about two weeks since I watched the breathtaking opera singer Andrea Bocelli perform live at the Amway Center in Orlando. And during this time, I had no idea what to do with my life because nothing was as excting as being at that concert. For two weeks, I had a bad case of Post-Concert Depression—aka the depression you feel after you left the concert of your favorite band or singer’s live concert. 

Fortunately, I overcame my PCD, and you can too. With these five steps, a normal life is indeed possible. 

Step 1: Change your wallpaper to a photo from the event

Changing your wallpaper not only allows you to relive the memories at the click of a button but is also a conversation starter for whenever someone asks you the time.

Step 2: Re-watch all 45 stories you posted

You’re a filmmaker. You are documenting the memories from the “best concert of your life” through 20-second, mediocre-quality video with screaming and off-key singing in the background.

Even if no one watched all of these stories or cared about the updates you posted every five seconds, you care, and that’s all that matters.

Step 3: Post a throwback Instagram photo only two days after the show

This step is essential to not only post that photo you “just found in your camera roll,” but also remind your followers that you did, indeed, attend this concert.

And don’t forget about the icing on the cake: captions.

“Omg just found these photos from the [insert singer/band here] concert.”

“About last night…”

“Throwback to the best night of my life (emoji, emoji, emoji)”

“[insert lyric from your favorite song]”

“[insert inside joke followed by #iykyk]”

Step 4: Bring up how amazing the concert was into every conversation

No matter what topic the conversation is about, make sure to slip it in. For example, when my friends wanted to grab a bite to eat, I suggested Italian. I emphasized how amazing the concert I went to was—did I mention it was Andrea Bocelli? He’s an Italian opera tenor.

Or when my family couldn’t decide on what to watch on Netflix, I casually offered to watch “The Music of Silence,” a film about Bocelli’s life and rise to fame.

Step 5: Closure

It’s now time to understand that the concert is sadly over. However, the memories will live on in your heart and in your Snapchat memories.

Make sure to avoid looking at the damage of your bank account and focus on moving on and appreciating the time you had with the performer who has no idea who you are.

In all seriousness, watching Andrea Bocelli in concert not only crossed something off my bucket list, but also gave me a boost of inspiration and joy that I will always remember.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Nicole is currently a junior at UCF working towards a B.A. in Human Communication. Besides writing articles and managing the Her Campus social media, Nicole loves to practice violin, watch an unhealthy amount of La La Land or organize her Vogue magazine collection. One day she hopes to attend the Met Ball, the Oscars and Paris Fashion Week. A few of her favorite things are, fresh flowers, foamy cappucinos, writing in her planner with cute pens and Christmas time. 
    UCF Contributor