The Lalaassorted Nail Polish
The Lalaassorted Nail Polish
Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

How To Recreate ‘Euphoria’ Nails at Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It’s no surprise that Euphoria has had such a major impact on this generation’s fashion and makeup trends. Now that the HBO show is back for another season, there’s another extension to each character’s style that has everyone intrigued: their nails. Just from the four episodes out so far, there have been many sets of eye-catching nail art, from Fez’s Grandma’s short gold chrome nails to Maddy’s long Muglerinspired nails

This new focus on having characters show off unique nail art that fits their personality has been thanks to celebrity manicurist Natalie Minerva. She focuses on each character as if they were her own clients and creates her designs based on a direct reflection of their style and taste. The best part is that Minerva doesn’t gatekeep when it comes to her designs. She often shares the products she uses and the process for each set on her Instagram and TikTok. 

Now, I love doing my nails and have been really inspired after watching each episode so far. So I’ve curated a list of items that she uses and some alternatives so that you can also easily re-create these iconic nails at home.

Gel-x extensions

All of the sets are created with press-on nails for the sake of filming. Using press-ons allows the cast to easily switch out nails for different scenes without damaging their natural nails. To do this, Minerva uses Apres Gel-X tips in various sizes. I also found that doing Gel-X at home is a lot easier than trying to do acrylics yourself, so that’s a plus. 

Gel Polish

Minerva uses a variety of different gel polishes in order to design nail art. Gel polish is easy to work with, from its smooth application to the quick-drying process.

Nail art brushes

To re-create the designs, you’ll need nail art brushes. It can be intimidating to do the designs yourself, but practice makes perfect! The key is to take your time and not rush it. A great tip is to use a nail display stand, so you don’t need to worry about using your non-dominant hand. 

Rhinestones

If you stocked up on rhinestones for your makeup looks, now is the perfect time to use those for your nails. One memorable look that we’ve seen so far is Cassie’s short almond rhinestone nails. When placing the rhinestones, it’s best to put a thin layer of gel for it to adhere to. Remember to use a fine point tweezer to adjust accordingly. 

Whether you decide to re-create these nails at home or at the salon, it’s no doubt that Euphoria is having a huge influence on all things beauty-related. There are still many episodes of season two to come, so I’m very excited to see what else the beauty team has up their sleeves!

Carissa is a senior majoring in Communication with a focus in business. When she's not writing, she loves to spend her free time online shopping, reading romance books, traveling, and going to theme parks!