Life > Experiences

Orlando Hot Spots To Visit For Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Valentine’s Day is coming around the corner very fast and I know lots of people are thinking about what they’re going to do! One of those Valentine’s Day traditions is going out for dinner, so for all my Orlando residents, here are some hot spots for Valentine’s Day that you may or may not know about.

Tori Tori ($$)

Coming in first is Tori Tori, located in the 50 Mills district in Orlando. The restaurant can be described as a trendy Japanese bar where “modern meets traditional.” Created by chef and owner Sean Ngyuen, his concept for the restaurant was “to live in the moment, as if it may never happen again.” They have a wide range of beer and wine, beautiful cocktails, and they even serve sake. The menu item that caught my eye was the seafood tower, an amazing dish to share with your partner since it includes all the seafood dishes at the price of $70. I believe this is a pretty affordable restaurant that comes with a beautiful aesthetic and interesting menu options to try.

Ember ($$)

Located in Historic Downtown Orlando, Ember serves cuisines from southern Europe. Created by Monica McCown, a chef of 20 years, it’s an amazing space in downtown Orlando featuring both indoor and outdoor seating that makes you feel like you’re sitting outdoors in Europe. With a large selection of food to choose from, the one that caught my attention the most was their lemon basil cavatappi. This is a great spot if you and your partner are looking for a more upbeat vibe, complete with an in-house DJ that plays amazing music.

Kres Chophouse ($$$)

Rated as the best steakhouse in Orlando, Kres Chophouse is the best place for fine dining in downtown Orlando. They claim that “[they are] not your father’s steakhouse” as they cross traditional boundaries to deliver extraordinary value. Their prime beef is aged in-house to give their customers the best quality and ultra-fresh fish and seafood. They combine modern and 1930s architecture to create a landmark building and impressive aura for you and your partner’s dining. They even sell delicacies like roasted “maple leaf” duck (which sounds very interesting, if I do say so myself). If you are looking to splurge on dinner for your partner this Valentine’s Day, this is the place to go.

Soco Restaurant ($$$)

Last but not least, we have Soco, which puts a modern twist on southern cuisine. They received an Orlando Dining Award in 2021, and the accolades speak for themselves. Located in the heart of Thornton Park, you can enjoy Soco’s indoor and outdoor dining experience. Greg Richie, the executive chef and creator, wanted this restaurant to be unique and progressive, and that’s just what it is. The windows of the restaurant overlook the lively Central Boulevard to give you and your partner a scenic dining experience. You can even watch the culinary team prepare the dishes through a grand window. Their menu sports meals like bronzed diver scallops and wild mushroom Bolognese to give you a truly fancy dining experience. This restaurant would be the perfect blend of class and fancy food for you and your valentine.

Britni-Lee Salmon is a current undergrad student at UCF, she is currently majoring in public relations/Advertising. Participating in groups such as TAU Sigma and the Her campus UCF chapter. She loves to travel, create content to share with others, and talk about hairless cats.