A Holiday Makeup Gift Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

When the Holidays come around I always eagerly await the new makeup gift sets and releases brands come out with. I make sure to do my research to know which ones are going on my wishlist. If you have a makeup lover like me in your life make sure to check out these gift ideas they’ll be sure to love. I carefully curated this list with all the hot, must have products worth the money!  

One of my personal favorites is this Stila Eye for Elegance Liquid Shadow Set. I think these are so worth the price because they retail for $45 dollars and they include 6 minis of these beautiful shadows. A full size is around $24 dollars but I think these minis are sure to last because a little goes a long way. I will definitely be purchasing these because I am someone who loves to add shine to any look. The doe foot applicator allows you to easily swipe on glitter in the precise spot to brighten up your eye look. These glitters wear all day and don’t produce fall out as long as they are used as the final step for your eye look. These are a definite must-have because of the pigment, and how it has turned using glitter on your eyes into a breeze.

To keep the shine going this next item is a set of the Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops. This set of 4 minis retails for $45 and they are liquid highlighters that are truly mesmerizing. They come with droplet applicators that allow for easy application. They can be blended into the highpoints of the face or mixed in with any foundation or tinted moisturizer. This is a perfect gift for the highlighter crazy makeup lover in your life. Another way you can gift this set is by splitting them up and giving each one as a stocking stuffer. You may also want to do this with the set of Stila Liquid Shadows for a personalized touch. 

A gift item that I ask for every year are these Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip Sets. These sets retail for $28 dollars and include Sephora’s best selling lip products in various shades. Most are mini but each set includes at least one full-size lippie. These are great for a lip junkie or a beginner who needs their collection started. It is so fun to get to try out from different liquid lips to glosses and liners. I will definitely be gifting and receiving one of these this year.

Going along with the same concept is this Sephora Favorites Glow For It. This retails for $40 dollars and includes the most stunning highlights to complement every skin tone. A great purchase for someone who wants to dip their toes into the world of highlight.        

This isn’t a holiday gift set but I am including it because I believe this is the best palette release this year. The Jaclyn Hill and Morphe Palette retails for $38 dollars and for the quality of the shadows it is a steal. This 35 pan palette includes some warm shades but also your essential neutrals and beautiful shimmers without forgetting the much-needed pops of color. The shadows are very pigmented and blend effortlessly with zero to no fallout. If I could only have one palette in my collection it would be this one because it has everything I could possibly need. You can create so many different looks that it is worth every penny. 

If you gift someone an eyeshadow palette chances are they may need an accompanying brush set. Brushes can get super expensive but there is no need to spend over $20 dollars for one brush set when this elf set includes them all. Elf brushes are some of my favorites because they are inexpensive but are made to feel high quality. They are soft brushes that really help pack and blend effortlessly. If you know of someone in need of brushes this set will be your best bet. It includes 10 brushes for eye, lips, and face for just $20 dollars, a great holiday gift I would love to receive. 

An avid makeup lover is usually also someone who prides themselves on great skincare. Facemask are all the rage as those 10 minutes are pure bliss. These Yes To face mask set retail for $10 dollars and include five face mask. These are sure to make a great gift because they are fun and will make your skin feel refreshed. There are two kinds to fit the sheet mask or mud mask wearers in your life. This set can also be split up to make individual stocking stuffers!

Lastly is the gift that keeps on giving. This is Play! by Sephora. It is a $10 dollar monthly beauty subscription box, every makeup lovers dream. Each month a box is delivered to your door with 5 to 6 makeup goodies. If you really wanna show someone how much you appreciate them this holiday season shower them with this unique gift every month!

Laura is currently a Senior at the University of Central Florida studying Business and Professional Communication. She loves everything to do with organization and trying to keep her life on track. She is a coffee addict thanks to her Colombian roots. When she is not studying she enjoys playing with makeup and obsessivley shopping for home decor. 
UCF Contributor