freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Her Stars: What is the Best Way to Approach a Virgo?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Welcome to this week’s Her Stars, the weekly column that answers all of your questions about astrology, romance and general advice! This week, we will be going over how to approach Virgos, how to impress the Gemini in your life with date ideas, and Hurricane Dorian’s birth chart. To be featured next week, be sure to submit your questions here!

I’m currently into a Gemini and want to know some good date ideas to impress them. – Anon

Geminis are energetic and free-spirited. They often don’t like boxing themselves in and love pursuing multiple hobbies and lifestyles. They’re very flexible and can basically make themselves into whatever they want. They are a mutable sign, which is super noticeable in this aspect. If you are trying to impress the Gemini in your life, I suggest doing something random and sporadic. Like, if you are planning on doing something, don’t tell them. Plan it in secrecy and just make sure they’re available that day. Do not ask them what they think or ask for their opinion because they are very smart and that will clue them in and they will become nosy.

Anything random and surprising will impress a Gemini a lot, especially if the date is geared towards them in any manner whatsoever. If you show up with a small care package or gift, that will impress them even more. I suggest taking them on a picnic to a lake where you’ve cooked their favorite dishes, taking them to do something artsy like a wine and paint night at your place, or even just randomly taking them out on a coffee date.

Geminis are usually very busy people and they often don’t give themselves enough time to spend with their loved ones. So, anything random will show them that you are thinking of them. If it’s geared towards them, they will think you are being thoughtful and that you know them well. Beyond all that, it will actually give them downtime to enjoy themselves with you if you take all of the planning out of their hands. They’re a sign that tends to overthink, so doing things like this will catch them off guard and impress them. (Just make sure they’re available that day.)

What is the best way to approach certain signs? (A Virgo in particular) – A Gemini

The best way to approach any sign is to just be friendly. I think in general a lot of people overthink these interactions way too much. However, I think it’s important to note that not everyone is going to like you. You could be the nicest and most generous person in the entire world and somebody could still hate you. Generally, the energy you put out is the energy you will get back.

I will say that to approach fire signs, you want to be fierce and fun. Joke around with them and be energetic—even challenge them gently and intrigue them. To approach water signs, you want to be soft and gentle. You should validate them and listen to them and what they have to say. To approach air signs, you want to be fun and passionate. You should be able to converse well and keep conversations going. You want to engage them in their interests and provide feedback. To approach earth signs, you want to show commitment and high energy. You want to engage them in a fun activity and catch their interest, then demonstrate that you want to be around them and “commit” to them in a sense.

These are all skimming the barrel type of things. Again, not everyone is going to like you; however, I’m sure if you’re nice, people will want to talk to you. If you want to specifically engage a Virgo, I suggest listening to them. Virgos overthink a lot and for the most part, they are looking for someone who can be loyal and listen to them and their needs. They need someone who can be their rock and be there for them when they need it.

What is Hurricane Dorian’s birth chart? – Anon

Thank you to whoever asked this. This is an amazing and fun question to answer. I’m not sure if many people know this, but birth charts can exist for just about anything, from your cat to America to Hurricane Dorian. If you are a Floridian who is reading this, then you know that Hurricane Dorian has paid our state a visit. Let’s dive into its birth chart.

According to Wunderground.com, Hurricane Dorian has a Virgo Sun, Mercury, Venus and Mars. Hurricane Dorian also has a Gemini Moon. So safe to say Hurricane Dorian is a Virgo through and through. It has a Virgo Stellium, which means that it has multiple planets or houses in a specific sign. This hurricane is the epitome of Virgo season. It feels almost poetic how much Virgo is present. I can tell Hurricane Dorian is here to do business. This hurricane did not come to play. The Virgo in it is telling it to do what nature intended, which is to be a force to reckoned with. This is probably why it reached Category 5.

Virgos are big about their reputation and appearance, which explains why it took its time to become such a strong hurricane and finally reach Florida. However, it has a Gemini Moon, which explains why it couldn’t decide its path. This hurricane could not decide and settle on one thing and wanted to do multiple different things at the same time. I mean, one minute it was going to hit Florida and the next minute it swerved away. Finally, it’s deciding to partially impact Florida but not head-on. This is pretty accurate of both Geminis and Virgos, as both signs are queens of subtlety in the oddest manner. To say the least, I hope everyone was well prepared for Hurricane Dorian. Please stay safe!

As always, tune in next week to see what the universe has in store for us. If you have a question, please submit it here!

Images: 1: courtesy of Nicole Wills, 234

Catherine is a student at the University of Central Florida. She is majoring in health administration with a minor in literature. She is a first generation Vietnamese women who hopes to use her writing both as a hobby and professionally. If you can't find her eating or studying, then she''ll be found curled up with her cat watching The Office.
UCF Contributor