This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Welcome to Her Stars, the weekly column that answers all of your questions about astrology, romance and general advice! This week, we will be covering the tea on earth signs. To be featured next week, be sure to submit your questions here!

Taurus

Tauruses are one of the most driven signs of the zodiac. They plan their life down to the most minute detail—and that includes who they feel fits into their grand plan. They are smart, loyal and analytical. Their work ethic and overall dedication are what makes them such amazing companions. However, this can become deeply irritating to those around them.

Many Tauruses have tunnel vision, and they tend to only see what they want to see. This can be very difficult for many of their friends and partners when they attempt to express an opinion or emotion that is out of line with theirs. They insist that their vision or illusion is the only reality that exists and will throw tantrums if they feel they are being attacked.

Of course, this isn’t for all Tauruses. It mostly applies to Tauruses who struggle with criticism and insecurity. They are sensitive and will isolate themselves from relationships they feel are “too difficult.” This hurts the people around them, but it hurts themselves the most. It’s this weird torture they inflict on themselves by wanting companionship, yet being unable to accommodate people the minute they “step out of line.” Essentially, Tauruses have this great battle with themselves due to their stubbornness—especially since they’ll vouch for a person they care about or feel has to be in their life, even if that person is the absolute worst. They love affection and want good people around them; however, they struggle to do so when they are attempting to force people to fit into their lives in a specific manner. Tauruses, please allow yourself the ability to see reality for what it is. Stop trying to live out this grand plan of yours and just live a little more freely and empathetically.

Capricorn

Capricorns are ambitious, vivacious and hard-workers. They tend to be the CEOs and managers and are the hardest workers in the entire zodiac. They may not know what they want to do in life or where they want to go, but they know they have to do something to move forward. This is very admirable, as many of the signs who are unsure of their life paths often float—but not Capricorn.

However, this can cause problems when they’re unable to be realistic. Capricorns are in their heads 99% of the time, analyzing what they can improve on and what needs to be done for them to achieve their goal or move forward. This means they are often inaccessible to those around them. Thus they tend to attract people and partners similar to them. Capricorns can often be selfish and diificult to their companions, since you have to benefit them in some way or manner. Capricorns think being inaccessible is attractive, but really it makes them very annoying and hard people.

Despite this, Capricorns tend to be unrealistic about people and will build up an image or ideal about someone, even if it doesn’t exist. They will stand by someone till the end of their days, even if that person is hurting them and being toxic. They like “working” in their relationships rather than enjoying them for what they are. Capricorns, please remove yourself from your head and actually be physically and emotionally present to those around you. Please stop getting so stuck up in yourself and see things for what it is.

Virgo

I just want to first say Beyoncé is a Virgo, so that says a lot about Virgos. Virgos are vivacious and gentle people. They are incredibly self-sufficient and tend to mother others. Many people find that Virgos are great rocks and support systems.

However, Virgos have issues when it comes to being emotionally vulnerable. Many Virgos feel that they are not enough. A lot of this can stem from their experiences with family. Many of them were taught at a young age that positive acknowledgment only comes with a lot of requirements. They often feel they have to prove themselves worthy of love and affection. This can cause a deep distrust of themselves and people around them. While they are the caretakers and great support systems, they are unable to be emotionally available for those around them. They are used to being disappointed and hurt, and they feel everyone will do so.

Yet, they crave companionship—so to compensate for this they will often be very controlling in their relationships. They feel that this is how they can build relationships without actually being emotionally vulnerable. In doing so, they both build up and tear apart relationships. They create this self-fulfilling prophecy for themselves where they are so afraid of being hurt and disappointed that they don’t give their all in relationships and chase people away, ending up hurt and disappointed. Virgos, please stop isolating yourselves. You are worthy of love and people can accept you for who you are, but they can’t do that if you keep trying to push them away.

Earth signs, we love you—but get yourselves together. Tune in next week to see what the stars will have to say. If you have a question, please submit it here!

Images: 1: courtesy of Nicole Wills, 234

Catherine is a student at the University of Central Florida. She is majoring in health administration with a minor in literature. She is a first generation Vietnamese women who hopes to use her writing both as a hobby and professionally. If you can't find her eating or studying, then she''ll be found curled up with her cat watching The Office.
UCF Contributor