lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Her Stars: How to Use Astrology to Grow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Welcome to this week’s Her Stars, the weekly column that answers all of your questions about astrology, romance, and general advice. This week, we’ll be covering what job you would have on The Office, what to do now that you’ve been ruthlessly dragged by astrology, and why Tauruses can rub people the wrong way. To be featured next week, submit your questions here!

Why are unevolved Tauruses like that? – Anon

I think this is kind of funny because as much heat Geminis and Scorpios may get, Tauruses are right behind them. So, Tauruses are earth and fixed signs. Generally, they are very great people, but they have a strict standard for themselves and their companions. They are very loyal and caring. They’re are the most focused sign of the zodiac, they’re go-getters, and they’re boss girls.

However, when it comes to relationships, they have this tendency to put people in boxes after romanticizing them. They often have control issues due to the way they may have been raised and due to a lack of being heard and validated as a child. In their relationships, this means that if their friend or partner has an opinion that does not align with theirs, they get incredibly defensive and refuse to listen. They will lie to themselves about how the relationship is going, thus victimizing themselves. They will lie to themselves forever if it means their illusion of reality gets preserved. I am so sorry to Tauruses who fit this narrative as I straight dragged you—however, I’m being honest. This is for Tauruses who are regressed or unevolved.

Once you’ve read something astrological that calls you out, how do you keep an open mind and evaluate yourself through self-awareness? I’ve been doing it but as change always is, it’s difficult. – All of the Fixed Signs

Okay, excellent question! I think a lot of people who stumble upon astrology and find that it hits very close to home always go through a  whole “What now?” phase. Astrology is a form of self awareness. If you’re a person who is open to growth and always being a better version of yourself, it’s hard to ignore your negative traits once the veil has been somewhat lifted from your eyes and you’re being honest with yourself. A lot of people who deny astrology despite it being very true dislike being told what to do or being told that what they’re doing is wrong. My suggestion is to try and move slowly. You’re not gonna change anything in a day, but keeping an open mind and trying to be self-aware of your actions will help.

For me, when I first started learning about astrology, I was so stunned and amazed that they were dragging me to such a precise degree. I am a Pisces sun with a Cancer moon and an Aries rising. To say the least, astrology called me out on things like constantly victimizing myself or being brash and rubbing people the wrong way. I looked at it in the sense that I am who I am. I should change the things that hurt other people, but not fundamentally change everything just because a tweet said that I cry too much. I didn’t use astrology to shame myself for being the way I am, but rather as a form of self-awareness about my traits. I still cry a lot, but I try really hard not to victimize myself and try to be realistic with situations now that I know I have a tendency to do so. A lot of it is being aware of the situation, being honest with yourself, and being realistic. There’s no right or wrong answer when you’re trying to grow as a person. Not to mention, it’s going to be different for each person. Keeping an open mind and being honest with—but not hard on—yourself is key. Just remember, you are who you are and you shouldn’t shame yourself for that, but rather use what you know to grow as a person. You’re doing a great job!

I’m a Capricorn, what job would I have on “The Office”? – Anon

If you were on The Office, you would be HR. This comes officially from The Office‘s Twitter account. I can see how Toby could be a Capricorn. Since I consider Toby regressed or unevolved, it makes sense that he has the worst traits of Capricorns. He is a hard worker, but he’s just working aimlessly rather than working towards his dreams. He often romanticizes people, yet is not honest with his emotions to himself or those around him. I’m sorry, I don’t make the rules. I just follow them.

Just a reminder that there are currently five planets in retrograde and to take care of yourself during this trying time. Check back in next week to see what the universe has in store for us. Click here if you want to submit a question, or you can DM @_catherinele_ on Instagram.

Images: 1 courtesy of Nicole Wills, 234

Catherine is a student at the University of Central Florida. She is majoring in health administration with a minor in literature. She is a first generation Vietnamese women who hopes to use her writing both as a hobby and professionally. If you can't find her eating or studying, then she''ll be found curled up with her cat watching The Office.
UCF Contributor