Her Campus UCF’s Summer Road Trip Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Finals are almost over, and we’re so close to experiencing that sweet summer freedom! Whether you’re packing up and heading home for the summer, traveling to a new city for an internship, or gearing up for more classes, Her Campus is challenging you to #CelebrateYourself this summer. One summer tradition that you won’t want to miss is taking a road trip! With the help of some of our sponsors, we’ve compiled a list of everything you should gather before hitting the road.

Friends

We’ll start with the really obvious one! A road trip is nothing without your best friends by your side, so grab your girls and plan an adventure.

Music

Make a playlist of upbeat songs that you can sing along to! 

Summer Clothes

Nothing is more fun than rocking a flirty new sundress or sexy new bikini on your trip! Check out boohoo for some trendy summer pieces that won’t break the bank!

Awesome Accessories

Accessories don’t take up a lot of space when packing, and always take an outfit to the next level! Looking for jewelry? chloe and isabel has the hookup. You’ll love their sparkly baubles, and may even want to become a GEM Merchandiser (its a great way to score some spending money). Feeling rebellious? You’ll love Blink Tattoos alternative to permanent ink!

That #BeachBod

This one might require some advance preparation if you’re looking to get toned before your trip. While we love beach bodies of all shapes and sizes, we’re all for getting fit for the summer! If you can’t make it out to UCF’s gym, our friends at Crunch Live have a solution for you. With online classes ranging from yoga to cardio, Crunch Live has been called one of America’s most innovative online gyms!

A Good Book

Her Campus has us covered on this one! If you haven’t picked up a copy of The Her Campus Guide to College Life, we highly recommend it. The guide covers everything you need to know about navigating your four (or five…or six…) years at UCF, with advice on classes, dating, getting involved on campus, and more!

Think you have college figured out? We have another recommendation for you! RICH BITCH: A Simple 12-Step Plan for Getting Your Financial Life Together… Finally by Nicole Lapin will help you map out your finances. We know that budgeting sucks, but so does being broke.

Food

Snacks may be the most essential of all the essentials. Before you hit the road, swing by Chipotle (Chipot-BAE) for a delicious burrito.

A huge thank you to Her Campus nationals and all our sponsors for the awesome goodies in our #HCSurvivalKits! Make sure to show us what your road trip essentials and other summer adventures by using the hashtag #CelebrateYourself!

Maddie is a senior Marketing major at UCF. When she's not writing for Her Campus or her personal blog, you can find her hanging out at Fashion Club or in OSI working on the Mr. and Miss UCF shows. Despite popular belief, Maddie isn't actually the tallest girl in the world. If you're wondering where you've seen her before, it was most likely at a #UCFBusiness event. Maddie enjoys loud pop music, scented candles, and any food with sprinkles on top. She often discusses the SNL cast as if it is a sports team, and likes to pretend that this is endearing. Follow Maddie on Instagram and Twitter! 
UCF Contributor