Her Campus Tour Recap: UCF Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

On Wednesday, April 5th the famous blue bus pulled into Memory Mall and began unloading. The Her Campus UCF team began setting up for the official Her Campus Tour, the most anticipated event of the year for our team. The HC Tour made stops in California, Texas, South Carolina, and Florida! UCF was lucky enough to be chosen as one of nine schools to host the tour.

The event began at 11 AM, and soon there were hundreds of students in line! At the event there were tables and booths with fun events and giveways that were a collaboration with the official sponsors of the tour, which included Juicy Couture, Essence Cosmetics, European Wax Center, L’Oreal Paris, StudentCity, Aeropsotale, and more! The members of the Her Campus UCF team even had the honor of meeting Windsor Hanger Western, one of the founders of Her Campus. We got to talk with the woman who has given so many college women inspiration, motivation, and a platform to be heard- Knight Nation loved having her!

Some of the members of the Her Campus UCF team served as Brand Ambassadors and talked to students about Her Campus and the branded products. Other members of the team checked in UCF students, talked to them about Her Campus and joining our team, and gave them free goody bags!

The event was a huge success and had an incredible turnout. It caused a campus-wide buzz about Her Campus and it was amazing to see the students interact with members of the Her Campus UCF team. Thank you to Her Campus and all of their sponsors for creating opportunities like this for college women, it means the world.

HCXO.

Photo credit: Her Campus UCF Team

Jillian James is a senior at the University of Central Florida. She is majoring in Writing and Rhetoric and minoring in Mass Communication (because apparently you can’t minor in Beyoncé studies). Her favorite food is free because she is a college student and the two loves of her life are Ben and Jerry (of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream fame). If she’s not writing or reading she is probably watching The Office or waiting in line at Starbucks. She loves to show off her dance moves in “inappropriate” places like the grocery store. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @Jillianrosej, where she frequently posts things that make people think that she has her life together. 
UCF Contributor