Her Campus Profile: Meet Genesis Marie Vesco

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

With a new semester, comes amazing new additions to our Her Campus team here at UCF.  Genesis (Genny) Marie Vesco a freshman from Pembroke Pines, Florida, in her first year here at UCF. She is double majoring in Journalism and Political Science and uses writing as a creative outlet in her free time. While she’s not studying or writing, you can catch her keeping up with her vegetarian lifestyle as she transitions into full vegan, and showing affetction towards animals of all shapes and sizes.

Lena: What made you choose UCF?

Genny: I think because UCF is such a huge school, it allows for a million opportunities. The sheer size pretty much guarantees you’ll meet someone new, nearly on a daily basis, and therefore helps with forming connections and bonds with the right people, such as our editor, Jill!

L: What activities are you involved with on campus?

G: I write for The Odyssey at UCF. I’m also a member of the Burnett Honors College, which has been an awesome privilege and has allowed me to push my boundaries in my honors classes!

L: What do you enjoy in your free time?

G: my free time is honestly mostly filled with my friends, boyfriend, and homework! But whenever I have the chance, I love to read and write (particularly poetry)

L: How long have you been writing?

G: I’ve been writing ever since I could pick up a pencil, and that isn’t even an exaggeration. It’s been a passion of mine ever since I could remember, and I feel incredibly lucky to be able to share this love of mine with the world through platforms like HerCampus!

L: What made you interested in writing for HerCampus?

G: The primary reason I was interested in HerCampus was because I knew it was a female-run organization, and it emphasized the idea of feminism and girl power. I think women get nowhere near enough appreciation or recognition for everything we do for society, and I’ll be allowed to voice that opinion through HerCampus!

L: What are you most excited to write about?

G: Nature. Animal cruelty. Health. Life advice. Pretty much anything, as long as I can have a voice and help inform others. I’m open to writing about various topics; I love to broaden my horizons always!

We can’t wait to see the amzing work that Genny and the rest of the Her Campus UCF team will put out this semester!

Lena is currently a senior at the University of Central Florida and very emotional about it. She serves as HCUCF's President and Campus Correspondent and is studying hospitality in hopes of making her childhood dreams of getting paid to travel the world come true. She is head over heels in love with all things aesthetically pleasing, so what could be better than working a job that will result in cute photos? While she's not in school or checking out the tacky tourist attractions around Orlando, you can find her spending more money than she has on concerts, clothes, and crappy coffee. She is a low-key movie addict and a high-key Instagram addict. If you want to see what she's up to when she's not hiding behind her laptop screen, you can follow her on Instagram @lena.daniels 
UCF Contributor