HCUCF Celebrity: Sarah Heyl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

She’s an adventurer, jet-setter and coffee shop connossieur. She is HerCampusUCF royalty and undoubtedly one of the raddest chicks I know. She is Sarah Heyl, the lovely Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of HCUCF. Read more about this week’s Campus Celebrity!

Year? Major? Minor?

Senior.

Major: I/O Communication, Minor: Marketing

Hometown?

Lakeland, FL

When and How did you get involved with HerCampus?

I got involved with Her Campus my sophomore year and become the photo editor. When I reached out to the founder, and expressed my interest in pursuing my life-long dream of eventually running a magazine, she told me I should start here. So I did, and now I’m the Campus Correspondent of HC UCF which is just surreal!

What do you like to do with your free time?

In my free time, I love taking adventures. Whether it’s exploring the outdoors, running or on a bike, I love finding hidden gems around Orlando and discovering new things. I also am a sucker for sitting in coffee shops and people watching.

Describe yourself in 3 words.

If I HAD to, I’d say outgoing, happy and positive. Because I really try to be those 3 things all the time. :)

If you could travel anywhere, where would it be and why?

I can honestly say I have no idea of one specific place I want to go, but I do know that in the very near future, want to backpack Europe and ask around to find the best countries to visit. Find me a place with mountains, beautiful towns and great people and I’m there!

What are your plans after graduation?

Welp, I’m still workin’ on that. I am hoping to land a job in the marketing/advertising field as soon as possible, but where is still up for grabs. I absolutely love Florida but I’m thinking about moving out of state for a year or so to explore a new city. Who knows!

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

Typical cliche answer, but honestly 10 years from now, I want to be happy and successful. I *hope* to be sharing this wonderful life with a family and working in a career that I love, but hey it’s all in God’s hands, right?

Any advice for underclassmen collegiettes?

To all the underclassmen, especially my HC team that I’m going to miss dearly, I encourage you to chase your dreams. I know you’ve heard it before, but don’t let anyone tell you you can’t do something. Learn from your classes but also your peers since they’ll tell you more about yourself than any professor can. Don’t be afraid to ask questions because you’re in college to find out what you like and what you don’t like. So change your mind, try anything once (because why not), find your passion and stick to it!

Favorite memory from UCF?

This is so hard! I have had so many amazing memories at this school, from every tailgate and football game to homecoming week, it’s so tough. I think since it’s so fresh in my mind, I would have to say when Her Campus UCF hosted College Fashion Week Orlando, it absolutely blew my mind at how my team and I pulled this event off and were able to create an amazing fashion show in front of the reflection pond. So thankful for UCF and all it’s offered me these past 4 years. Do I have to graduate?

Molly Slicker is a Human Communication major with a minor in Film. She is an entertainment junkie who appreciates good humor, good vocabulary and good friends. She gets way too attached to fictional characters and her favorite sports teams. She is inspired by her family, faith and the 2001-2002 cast of Saturday Night Live. Follow Molly on Twitter for mostly sarcastic updates about celebrities and her life's awkward situations or on Instagram for pictures of her feeble attempts at craftiness
UCF Contributor