HC’s Declassified UCF Finals Survival Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

No time for snarky intros, finals are upon us!  How are they here already, and why isn’t it still Thanksgiving?!  Take the time to ponder those questions after December 15th because right now it is time to prepare for the moment you have been waiting for all semester: the ultimate guide to UCF’s finals week.  Freshman or senior, everyone gets a little freaked out during finals but no fear, Her Campus is here for you.

SCANTRONS ARE A MUST

Do not be that person who is left begging for a scantron with two minutes left before the professor walks in. Even if someone has an extra, the added stress could totally affect your performance on what might be a make-it-or-break-it test. Pro tip: head to the UCF Student Union SGA Office on the 2nd floor for a scantron, or rush over to the All Knight Study locations at Ferrell Commons and Knights Plaza. They are sure to have them in stock and get this; they’re free (score!).

RECONSIDER THE ALL KNIGHT CRAM

See what happened up there?  Anyways, sleep is super important and depending on the individual, getting less sleep than usual during a stressful week can lead to a weakened immune system which can lead to colds. No one has time for tissues during a test! So instead of cracking open that textbook at 3 a.m. after binge watching Jessica Jones on Netflix, get started around 6 p.m and finish somewhere around midnight. That leaves you with a solid eight hours to actually soak in what you’ve learned and there’s no risk of waking up with textbook-print-face.

SARC REVIEW SESSIONS FOR THE WIN

UCF is awesome. So awesome in fact, that during finals week SARC (Student Academic Resource Center) plans review sessions for certain classes so students can feel prepared. As an extra bonus, each session is held by a “knowledgeable reviewer” in the specific subject.  Head over to the UCF SARC website for the schedule so you can catch up on everything you didn’t pay attention to during the semester, because it’s not like finals are next week, right?

LOOK GOOD, FEEL GOOD

It is so easy to stumble out of bed on test day, drag on some sweatpants, throw your hair in a high bun and forget to brush your teeth. Wait, scratch the last part. Actually, scratch all of it!  Confidence isn’t to be bottled up and used on a Saturday night. Dressing well adds to your overall level of confidence and can help boost your mood, which in return, will hopefully add a couple points to your final exam. So swipe on that lip-gloss and wear your favorite pair of jeans, because it just might be the difference between a C or a B. Besides, if it isn’t, you might as well look good so you can “randomly” bump into your class crush and complain!

Cover Image

Hailing from Miami, by way of Jamaica, Taylor is an island-turned-city girl who loves the beach, yoga, reading (Her Campus) and writing (for Her Campus)!  A lover of fashion and fun, Taylor often uses her ensembles to become characters she thinks up and incorporates them into her writing.  Her favorite novel is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and her favorite city is Paris.  
UCF Contributor