Golden Globes 2019: Red Carpet Gowns Through the Years

The 76th annual Golden Globe Awards will take place this evening. The Golden Globes are one of the first award shows of 2019, and many are excited not only for which movies and shows win awards, but for the red carpet looks too. Nominees and attendees will be sporting pieces from various designers and labels. Red carpets always allow us to look back and see the style of that year or season, so in honor of tonight's upcoming red carpet, let’s take a look at the best Golden Globe red carpet looks through the years:

Julia Roberts – 1991

Roberts was nominated for her role in Pretty Woman and went home with the awards for best actress and best oversized blazer turned dress.

Angelina Jolie – 1999

The actress wore a silver sparkle Randolph Duke maxi slip dress that was certainly one of the best 90s looks.

Sarah Jessica Parker – 2000

Before winning her award for her role in Sex and the City, Parker rocked the red carpet in this, well, golden Richard Tyler spaghetti strap gown.

Salma Hayek – 2003

This monochromatic look tops all millennial head to toe looks. The actress not only matched her dress to the red carpet, but her makeup too.

Ziyi Zhang – 2006

Nominated for her role in Memoirs of a Geisha, Zhang definitely stood out in this green strapless gown by none other than Giorgio Armani.

Jennifer Aniston - 2010

Aniston wore a sleek black dress with a thigh-high split and strappy heels—not to mention her signature tousled blow out hairstyle.

Lupita Nyongo – 2014

For probably one of the best Golden Globes red carpets of all time, Lupita wore a gorgeous Ralph Lauren cape gown.

Looking back at all the looks from over the years gets us even more excited for tonight's red carpet and award show! 

Media: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,