Game Day Style for All Kinds of Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

As the sweltering heat and endless rain of early autumn in Florida disappear, making way for beautiful days, I get infinitely more excited for football games. Getting dressed up for tailgates is my favorite part of college football, and with the gloriously unpredictable weather we have, I like to keep a few outfit ideas in the back of my head so I can be ready for anything. Here are some of my favorite cute and comfortable game day looks for all kinds of weather!

Sunny Game Day

When the weather is delightfully warm, channel your inner southern belle by wearing a sundress and cowboy boots to tailgate. Add a big hat to protect your skin from the sun while looking fabulous, and pile on the gold bangles to show your Knight spirit. A gold wristlet is the perfect finishing touch for this feminine look.

Breezy Game Day

On breezy days, keep the accessories to a minimum. Fussing over a scarf or bow is not a fun way to spend your tailgate. A crop top paired with high-waisted shorts eliminates the possibility of a wind-related wardrobe malfunction. Add a crossbody bag to store your essentials safely. Combat boots add a fun edge to this look, but cute black sneakers would be another awesome footwear option. 

Rainy Game Day

Hurricane season may be drawing to a close, but central Florida can still be a rainy place. Don’t let lousy weather ruin your game day, just prepare for it! These days are great for bringing out a funky oversized raincoat, and rain boots are a must for muddy tailgates on Memory Mall. Braid your hair and throw on a baseball cap to make this look sporty and keep hair worries to a minimum. Layer with a sweater or a swingy tee depending on the temperature. 

Chilly Game Day

These are the days I’m most looking forward to, layering with shades of gold makes for an awesome look! Black jeans with a gold sweater look chic and spirited, add a cute scarf and your favorite outerwear to stay extra snuggly. Bring along a larger bag to store your layers if the weather gets warmer. Sleek black or cognac boots round out this autumn-inspired outfit.

With these styles, you’ll have a fashionable and fabulous game day! Share your favorite looks with us on Instagram by tagging @hercampusucf!

Maddie is a senior Marketing major at UCF. When she's not writing for Her Campus or her personal blog, you can find her hanging out at Fashion Club or in OSI working on the Mr. and Miss UCF shows. Despite popular belief, Maddie isn't actually the tallest girl in the world. If you're wondering where you've seen her before, it was most likely at a #UCFBusiness event. Maddie enjoys loud pop music, scented candles, and any food with sprinkles on top. She often discusses the SNL cast as if it is a sports team, and likes to pretend that this is endearing. Follow Maddie on Instagram and Twitter! 
UCF Contributor