Funlola Falade: SGA Public Relations Coordinator

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Name: Oluwafunlola Falade

Meaning: God has given me the power to make wealth.

Nickname: “Fun”

Major: Advertising & Public Relations

Graduation year: 2014

Hometown: Gainesville, FL

SGA Position: Public Relations Coordinator

Tell us a little bit about your duties as Public Relations Coordinator of SGA:

My main responsibility is to get SGA published online and in-print, but every day is different. Some days I am writing press releases or handling media interviews. Other days I am writing speeches and assisting with press conferences.

Other campus involvement:

Last semester, my involvement outside SGA was limited because I worked around 35 hours a week and went to school. During my freshman year I was extremely involved with the Campus Activities Board and Greenwaves. When I think about it, I have had a bunch of jobs on campus. I have been involved with everything from the African Student Organization to Lead Scholars.

Are you interested in pursuing a career in public relations?

I love public relations, but my dream job would be in brand management. I love advertising and am currently looking for an internship/job for the summer.

What is your favorite thing about working with SGA?

The people I work with. I enjoy seeing them each day I am in the office. They are a talented group of individuals. The biggest shout out goes to the Division of Communications, my friends who work the front desk, Ms. Sandy and SGA’s advisors.

What do you like to do in your free time?

I love reading and writing poetry (spoken word). Besides that, I am really simple. I enjoy spending time with family, friends, and cooking.  I am a foodie.

What are your plans after graduation?

I am currently still pursuing options and have no definite plans for after graduation. I am slated to graduate in the spring of 2014, so I have time to plan. 

Funlola also preforms Spoken Word. Here is his latest piece, courtesy of @PoeticBrooklyn.