This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It’s that time of year again! When brightly-colored flowers and fresh foods take over Epcot to welcome the Flower and Garden Festival. Running from March 3rd through July 5th, the Flower and Garden Festival has so much to offer, from unique outdoor kitchens, character-themed topiaries and live entertainment.

Topiaries and Gardens

With over 23 topiary locations, you’re bound to see one of your favorite characters. My personal favorite is the Frozen topiary located in the Norway pavilion, featuring sisters Anna and Elsa striking a pose. If you’re looking for a place to take some spring-inspired pics, the topiaries are always the perfect place to get that Instagram-worthy shot. Another staple for the festival is the butterfly garden located near the land pavilion. With its assortment of beautiful insects, this garden is the perfect place to take pictures and maybe even befriend a butterfly or two.

Cuisine

There are so many interesting food options at the festival this year, it’s hard to pick. I chose to try the Violet Lemonade, a frozen dessert located in the Pineapple Promenade booth. Some other festival favorites include the Fruit Loop Shake and the Fried Cinnamon Roll Bites from Sunshine Griddle. If you’re not a big fan of sweets, there are plenty of savory options to choose from, such as the Grilled Street Corn on the Cob located at the Trowel and Trellis. You can also find festival favorites like the Key Lime Tart in the World Showplace pavilion as well as specialty foods in each of the country pavilions.

Entertainment 

The Flower and Garden Festival also offers a variety of entertainment — from the Voices of Liberty to Mariachi Cobre and a complete list of new bands playing at the American Garden Theater. The list includes pop groups such as EPIC! and The Hooligans, Motown in Motion, Vintage Vinyl Band, The Spazmatics and Latin Ambition. Don’t forget to stop by the Canada pavilion to catch the Jammin’ Gardeners on the Canada Mill Stage. Be on the lookout for a surprise drive-by of the fab five on their world tour as well as your favorite princesses in the princess promenade.

There’s so much to see and do at this festival that you’ll never get bored. If you’re looking for the perfect spring day out, go explore at Epcot’s International Flower and Garden Festival.

Brianna is a student at the University of Central Florida, majoring in Event Management. When she's not at Disney, Bri is most likely creating a new Pinterest board or re-watching Friends. Her talents consist of taking INCREDIBLE candid photos and finishing an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's in one sitting.
UCF Contributor