Finding Your Perfect Planner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Now that school’s back in full swing, we are soon going to be swamped with homework, exams, and those readings that we’re supposed to keep up with but by the fourth week of school find ourselves severely slacking on. So why not start now by getting your life organized! One of my favorite things to do each semester is pick out a planner. While you may be perfectly content with writing your assignments and schedule on a ripped cornerpiece of some loose-leaf paper, why not try something a little more efficient?

Not sure which planner is the best suit for you? Well, take a look at these top five planners and go from one of those students who look slightly confused and panicked when everyone starts passing forward their homework to a student that had already done it a week prior!

1. The Planning Pro
If you are a student that already keeps up with their planner, then why not invest in one of Erin Condren’s coveted life planners? These things have everything you could possibly want in a planner, from to-do lists, goals sheets, important numbers, addresses, and who doesn’t love some good old fashioned stickers? While they may be $50, they are definitely worth the investment. You’ll find yourself never wondering when an assignment is due again.

2. The Greek Planner
I don’t know what it is, but something about Lilly Pulitzer’s bright colorful floral prints seem to attract sorority girls like moths to a flame. Not that I can blame them – they’re simply adorable. It’s the kind of planner that gets you excited to write your assignments in. So why not spend the $33 and treat yourself to something that will help you stay on top of your hectic schedule – and it’s not too bad to look at either.

3. The Pink Planner
Who doesn’t love a little Pink love? Victoria’s Secret’s planner is perfect for those that are just beginning to use planners. These paperback planners are great for simply writing down assignments and your schedule. It doesn’t have all the extra flashy stuff, and it’s only $14.50! This way, if you find yourself going on a little hiatus from using your planner, you didn’t waste too much money.

4. The Go-Getter Planner
Are you the type of person that is involved in everything on campus? Use one of your university’s planners. UCF is always passing out free swag during the first week of school, and among these things are usually planners. What’s great about getting a planner from school is that they’re usually free and have a page dedicated to school events and functions! This way you can get your assignments done on time and keep your social life in order.

5. The Fashionista Planner
Already have a Vera Bradley purse? Then how about pairing it with one of her to die for planners! For $25 you get a planner with organized tabs, a bookmark, stickers and an address booklet. Vera Bradley also gives you a wide variety of choices so you can pick out your favorite pattern. So what are you waiting for? Stop making posts and tweets about how much work this semester is going to be and make it simple! Get organized and prepared for an amazing year!

Nicholas Osler graduated from the University of Central Florida in 2014 with a degree in Interpersonal/Organizational Communication. Connect with him on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/nicholasosler