This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

December might be the most wonderful time of the year, but it is also contains the most stressful week of the year – finals week.  Here are some of the items that can be found in my finals week survival kit when I plan on pulling an all-nighter at the library.

Hair ties and bobby pins

If you have mermaid hair like I do you know the struggle.  No matter how many times you push your hair back behind your ears, your hair continuously falls in your face.  Keeping hair ties and bobby pins on hand will keep you ready for when you finally decide to throw it all up in a messy bun.

Snacks

If I do not have snacks with me while I am studying, I usually end up leaving my study spot to get snacks and it causes me to completely lose my focus.  My rule of thumb – keep a variety of snacks that are both salty and sweet, to ease whatever craving you might have!

Chargers

Forgetting your charger is probably the worst thing ever.  If you plan on studying in the library for a few hours or more, be sure you have your chargers for all of your electronics. That includes your cell phone charger!

Water

Now I know you probably want to just head over to Starbucks for the caffine boost but I promise you, nothing will help you like water can.  Invest in a cute water bottle or tumbler cup if it keeps you drinking water.  The best part is almost every building on campus has a water fountain and many even have purifiers attached!

Headphones

Even when you are studying in the library there is always someone, somewhere making a distracting noise.  Just pop in your headphones, play your favorite tunes and shut out the world while you rock your finals.

Planner

This is a finals week essential. I use my planner to write out my study plans and final assignments I need to finish.  It is a great way of holding yourself accountable. Once you are done, you can cross it off your list with relief.  Trust me, you will feel so accomplished!

Body lotion

When I have a long-term study session, I tend to get really tense and I use body lotion as a stress reliever.  I love to take out one of those mini body lotions from bath and body works and rub it into my wrists.  Scents like eucalyptus mint and lavender are known for their stress-reliving properties.

Comfy Clothes

Regardless of where you are studying, we all tend to get a bit restless after sitting in the same spot for hours.  If I know I am not going to be leaving the library for several hours, I do not want to wear something that I will feel stiff or uncomfortable in. That is why I love to wear light, flexible clothing such as yoga pants and a comfy t-shirt.  I also pack a jacket or sweatshirt to throw on just in case it gets chilly! 

Lauren Whalley (pronounced like the Pixar movie, Wall-E) is a fashion and lifestyle enthusiast who loves sunset yoga, Sunday brunches, and all things whimsical.   You can frequently find her on strolling along Park Avenue, on the coast of Florida beaches or showing off her #DisneySide at Disney World.   She is currently a Junior at UCF studying Advertising-Public Relations with minors in Hospitality Management and Writing & Rhetoric.  Her favorite blog is written by her idol, Lauren Conrad, who she looks to keep up with the latest lifestlye trends. She dreams big and after college plans on marrying Niall Horan.   Follow Lauren on twitter at @LaurenWhalleyy to get a glimpse into her enchanting life. 
UCF Contributor