This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Financial Aid

Since we all lost Powerball and aid deadlines are looming overhead, it’s about time we started acknowledging the reality: it’s time to get our financial aid in order.

FAFSA

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid, is the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation and provides grants, loans, and work study programs to students who need financial aid to pursue higher education. Learn more here. The application can be submitted annually on the FAFSA website. The deadline for Florida residents for the 2016-2017 school year is June 30, but to get the maximum amount of aid, students are encouraged to submit as soon as possible. Check the FAFSA website for more information.

By the way, our school code is 003954.

Work Study

Federal Work Study provides part-time jobs to students on and off campus who are in need of financial aid, so that they can continue to pursue their degree. This is a great option for students who don’t have reliable transportation or are having difficulty finding a job willing to work with their class schedule. Find your eligibility here and the Job Connection Site here. Just be aware that this site is only accessible from a UCF computer or one connected to UCF’s network.

Bright Futures

Bright Futures is state aid for in-state students based on the performance of the student in high school. Aid from Bright Futures can be activated or renewed up to two years after graduating high school.

Academic Scholarships

UCF also offers many internships catered to your degree program. Check your college website to see which scholarships they offer.

Third Party Scholarships

There are tons of third party scholarships to choose from. Companies both large and small will offer scholarships, have giveaways, and sponsor contests to encourage brand recognition. From the Dr. Pepper Tuition Giveaway, to your local dentist’s scholarship, there are a ton of scholarships to apply to.

On Campus Resources

The Office of Student Financial Assistance can help students apply for and understand their aid, as well as provide other financial resources like the Financial Literacy Program to help student manage their money.

Photo credit: 123

Audi is a grad student pursuing am MFA in Poetry and Nonfiction. When not writing, she can be found watching terrible action movies, playing video games, or liking memes on Twitter.
UCF Contributor