Everything You Need to Prepare for Your Next Music Festival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

With spring break finally around the corner, it’s almost that time of the year when everyone will be hanging by the beach, traveling around the country, and attending some of the coolest music festivals. Even though the glitz and glam of Instagram can make most music festivals look like a walk in the park, in reality, they don’t always resemble that perfectly posed picture that pops up on your feed. You might expect that you’re going to feel amazing the entire festival when the truth of the matter is that although having an amazing time is totally possible, it will definitely require some planning ahead of time. 

To truly make the most of such an amazing experience, it’s super important to plan ahead of time for anything and everything. Here’s a short list of the different ways you can get ready for your next music festival:

1. Hyrdate

Almost always, music festivals will be held outdoors under the hot, hot sun, which can not only tire you out but dehydrate you as well. In order to continue dancing and listening to your favorite songs, it’s important to stay hydrated with either a reusable water bottle or water pack. If you want to free up your hands, the water pack is for sure the way to go. 

2. Bring a fanny pack

A traditional purse can go from a convenient place to store your things to a hassle really quickly. Opt for a fanny pack that’ll stay secured to your body when moving around and dancing. 

3. Protect yourself from the sun

The sun should never be messed around with, especially if you’re spending time outside for more than a couple hours. Try bringing a hat, sunscreen and some shades to protect yourself from the powerful rays. 

4. Bring a portable charger

If you’re like me and enjoy taking lots of pictures and videos on your phone, you should seriously consider bringing a portable charger. Most likely, your phone’s battery won’t last the entire day if you’re using it a lot. A portable charger practically guarantees that you’ll have some extra battery life to spare.

5. Sneakers are a must

The worst mistake you can make when preparing to go to a music festival is wearing shoes that aren’t sneakers—or at least something like them in terms of comfort. Sandals are a huge no-no, so please try to avoid them at all costs (it’ll get old really fast). 

When preparing to go to a music festival, convenience is one of the ultimate keys. Sometimes, it can mean the difference between having an amazing experience and a terrible one. These simple solutions can prevent the issues that could easily turn your music festival into a disaster, and hopefully, they shed some light on the little ways planning ahead can make a world of difference. 

If you’re looking to try out these tips before spring break kicks off, be sure to come hang out with Her Campus UCF on March 5 from 6:00–8:00 p.m. We’re teaming up with Hangout Music Fest to bring a little spring break right to our campus, featuring music trivia, beach games, festival makeovers, and of course plenty of beachy photo ops! We can’t wait to see you there!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Amanda Acosta is a sophomore at the University of Central Florida studying hospitality management, legal studies, and environmental tourism. When she isn't running around the Disney parks, you can find her drinking way too much coffee at the local Starbucks. Amanda's a dedicated Delta Zeta sister with an adventurous spirit and a passion to live her life to the fullest. When it comes down to it, there's nothing more she loves than her family, friends, and fellow UCF Knights! Follow what she's doing now on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest.
UCF Contributor