End of Tailgate Season Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The time has come. The tailgate season for college football is coming to an end, and you are not happy about it. With tailgate season came so many adventures and embarrassing Snapchat stories, and we are not ready to say goodbye. The 6am shotguns, the cowgirl boots and the memories made with strangers who love your team (and beer) as much as you do, will never be forgotten. As we prepare for our fall finals we reminisce on what we are going to miss most about tailgate season (mostly as a way to procrastinate studying anymore.)

Putting together the perfect AND original tailgate outfit.

Anyone can rock the basic school-color strapless dress, but you are not just anyone. You mastered looking good in those school colors while standing out at the tailgate. Girls far and wide copied your jersey with spandex and cowgirl boots look at the next tailgate but Hey, you know you invented it.

The millions of cute tailgate Instagram pictures.

You and your best friend standing on the roof of a fraternity house. It got over 200 likes and you look hella fine. The captions are totally overused all cheesy quotes about your team, but its okay, you were mentally impaired when you uploaded it at the game.

Bonding with complete strangers over football.

I’ve made some lifelong friends in the bathroom stall at a tailgate and I am not ashamed. When it comes to the important things- like making sure your eyeliner isn’t running or finding out which girl your ex is hooking up with- these bathroom stall friends always have your back.

Not making it to the game.

It was a noon game and you dragged yourself out of bed at 5:30 am to get ready for this tailgate. Lets be honest you’ve never been to your chem lab at 8:30… This is dedication. So what if you didn’t even make it to the game, you killed it at the tailgate and you can watch it later on TV.

The food (Duh)

It is the one day it is okay for you to eat a hotdog, pizza and McDonalds and not feel guilty about it.

School Spirit.

Okay it sounds lame, but when your team actually wins there is a certain feeling that sweeps across the football stadium. The feeling is a mixture of intoxication, happiness and pride in your school. You love every single person in that packed stadium in that moment, and they all love you back. 

UCF Contributor