This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Warning: explicit language ahead.

Recent events have led to an entertaining battle between two amazing rap artists: Eminem and Machine Gun Kelly. For a bit of context, Eminem was a little salty about MGK talking about how his daughter was “hot as f**k” 6 years ago—so he decided to feature his hatred for the “Bad Things” hitmaker in one of his songs off his new album.

Not Alike

Eminem states in his song “Not Alike” that “I’m talking to you, but you already know who you the f**k you are, Kelly / I don’t use sublims and sure as f**k don’t sneak-diss / But keep commenting on my daughter Hailie.” Now that is one mad parent. Let’s keep in mind that Eminem’s daughter Hailie is actually 22 years old and is an Instagram model. She basically makes her money off of her looks.

Machine Gun Kelly looked up to Eminem and has even stated that he was influenced by Eminem as a rapper. To be dissed by your idol on a record-breaking album is not to be taken lightly. What has MGK done in response?

Rap Devil

Kelly makes his own play on words with “Rap Devil” as a parody version of Eminem’s “Rap God.” He spews 4 minutes and forty-four seconds of pure distaste towards Eminem. He makes fun of Eminem’s beard in the first verse and then moves on to his fashion choices. MGK states “F**k ‘Rap God,’ I’m the Rap Devil / Comin’ bare-faced with a black shovel.” Kelly is down for whatever Eminem is planning on throwing at him, especially with this line from the chorus: “Or we could get gully, I’ll size up your body / And put some white chalk around it.” 

This is the beginning of a war that puts language to a test. To create catchy words that rhyme is Eminem’s strong suit and Kelly knows it by stating that Eminem only reads the dictionary. Ironically, Eminem says that he doesn’t want to acknowledge Kelly’s song because then that would blow up Kelly even more, giving MGK fame he doesn’t deserve (or so he thinks).

Killshot

Eminem ended up replying with “Killshot,” which is four minutes and fourteen seconds of pure shade. He references everything in Machine Gun Kelly’s song and testifies it. He started off by saying if his beard is weird then Kelly yelling into the mic is weird.

Eminem flaunts his fame and authority over Kelly by stating, “Killshot, I will not fail, I’m with the Doc still / But this idiot’s boss pops pills and tells him he’s got skills / But, Kells, the day you put out a hit’s the day Diddy admits / That he put the hit out that got Pac killed, ah.” Eminem is a king of rap, but he needs to see that Kelly’s song ‘Rap Devil’ has made it to number 1 on iTunes this week. I guess we’ll just have to wait for Diddy’s long-lasting confession. Killshot comes down to the last verse with Eminem, “So just leave my d*ck in your mouth and keep my daughter out of it.” Here we are going back to Eminem’s daughter—the poor girl can’t catch a break.

He Missed #LegShot

Machine Gun Kelly decided to take his response to Instagram during his recent concert right here in Orlando! On his Instagram, it shows Kelly throwing up the middle finger with the whole audience in the crowd supporting him. All while his fashion choice is a wonderfully beautiful tee shirt sporting Eminem’s’ Killshot artwork.

Your move next, Eminem.

Images: 1, 2, 3

Sara is studying Entertainment Management and is currently in her senior year at UCF. She loves all types of music and sports. You will catch her around Orlando at all of our famous theme parks. She enjoys taking the unforeseen roads and making life become a journey. Join her on her adventure through life by following her Instagram.
UCF Contributor