This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Central Florida fashionistas (including Her Campus UCF!) crowded the Crowne Plaza Orlando on Sunday to learn more about the exciting Downtown Orlando Fashion Week events going on throughout the week.

“It’s become something so much more than we ever expected,” said Michael Ransom, who had the idea for DOFW in 2011.

Members of the press, local business owners and special guests were invited to meet with DOFW designers and models at the Ready Orlando Press Party. Among the local businesses was SnapPrints, the official DOFW mobile application that allows users to potentially earn money for photos they take at events.

DOFW kicks off on Monday, November 4 with Zou Zou Boutique. The “chic boutique” is offering fashionistas 15% off to make sure DOFW attendees look there best throughout the week.

On Tuesday, November 5, Taste restaurant in College Park is hosting Taste of Fashion from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. DOFW invites local singers, dancers and artists of all kinds to come out and showcase their work.

Wednesday, November 6 is DOFW’s Fashion Night Out. Come out to the Russian Academy of Ballet from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. for live music and performances, a fashion show featuring Zou Zou Boutique, dinner and more! Tickets are $35 and all proceeds benefit Harbor House of Central Florida.

DOFW takes a break on Thursday to get ready for the Young Nation Beauty, Health and Art Shopping Expo on Friday, November 8 from 12 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Meet DOFW designers and models, consult with beauty and health professionals and take advantage of specials on one-of-a-kind apparel and accessories.

The week comes to an end with the House of Me’Ja Fashion show at The Orange Studio from 7 p.m. to 8:30p.m. “Live your fashion” as fashion designers from all over display their latest collections.

After every event head over to Hooch on Wall Street, the official after party location for all DOFW events. Take your event ticket with you to get exclusive discounts on drinks.

Stay connected with DOFW on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. And for the latest DOFW updates be sure to follow Her Campus UCF on Twitter and Instagram.

Nicholas Osler graduated from the University of Central Florida in 2014 with a degree in Interpersonal/Organizational Communication. Connect with him on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/nicholasosler
Kathryn Tromba is a Junior at the University of Central Florida. She is majoring in Interpersonal and Organizational Communication and minoring in Magazine Journalism. She is the Twitter Manager for @HerCampusUCF, the Public Relations Chair for Rent the Runway UCF, and a Campus Ambassador for InternQueen.com.