This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Hey collegiettes! Who’s ready to start decorating for the holidays? I’ve been itching to add a little cheer to my dorm, even though Christmas is over a month away. Today I’ll show you how to make a golden tulle wreath to add a splash of holiday fun to your door or wall. My color scheme is not aimed at any particular holiday, but it would be easy to alter the colors to coordinate with whatever holiday you might be celebrating this season!

Step 1: Gather Materials

For my wreath I used a 10″ diameter foam circle, scissors, 2 yeard of tulle (1 yard of each color), wide ribbon, and decorative glitter leaves. I cut the tulle into strips that measured roughly 2″ by 12″. It is important that these strips are roughly the same size so that as you tie them on to the foam circle, they have a uniform look. 

Step 2: Wrap Foam Circle

I wrapped wide gold ribbon around the foam circle to hide the white color. The gold ribbon ends up showing through the tulle on the finished product, and in my opinion it looks nicer than plain white foam.

Step 3: Tie Strips Around Foam Circle

I just tied my tulle strips in a double knot around the foam circle, not too challenging. Because I made my wreath multicolored, I alternated the colors as I tied them. My wreath ended up looking rather subdued, if you want a bigger statement I would suggest using longer strips of tulle!

Step 4: Add Decorations

I picked up some fake leaves to add interest to my wreath, but you can use pretty much anything! I think snowflakes or Christmas ornaments would look really neat if you want a more festive look.

Step 5: Hang Your Wreath!

I attached my wreath to my wall using dorm-friendly wall stickers. It would look great hung from a door with thin gold ribbon! We would love to see your finished product, share a picture on Instagram and remember to tag @HerCampusUCF!

Maddie is a senior Marketing major at UCF. When she's not writing for Her Campus or her personal blog, you can find her hanging out at Fashion Club or in OSI working on the Mr. and Miss UCF shows. Despite popular belief, Maddie isn't actually the tallest girl in the world. If you're wondering where you've seen her before, it was most likely at a #UCFBusiness event. Maddie enjoys loud pop music, scented candles, and any food with sprinkles on top. She often discusses the SNL cast as if it is a sports team, and likes to pretend that this is endearing. Follow Maddie on Instagram and Twitter! 
UCF Contributor