sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Date Somebody Who Makes Music Sound Better

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

You should date somebody who makes the passenger seat of their car feel like a concert hall. They make you like whatever music is playing, just because it’s playing in their presence. Date somebody who makes you look for them in every new song you hear, and consequentially makes every song sound better. Find someone who asks you what song you’ve had on repeat for the past week, and then learns all the words so they can sing with you. They make you want to turn the volume up and sing and dance the way you would if you were alone. They share the aux cord and are genuinely interested in your music taste, even if it is nothing like theirs. When you show them your favorite songs, they hear who you are instead of just the music you listen to.

You should date somebody who makes even a starless night sky look beautiful. When you’re driving in the car with them, you automatically take note of all the empty lots that would be perfect for when you both need to get away from the world. After long days, they will lay with you in the grass and look at the empty sky until your worries feel insignificant.

You should date somebody who makes you want to put down the armrest between your seats at the movie theater; somebody who lets you squeeze their arm during the intense parts and pretends not to notice when you tear up during the sad parts. Because you are with them, the jokes are funnier, the plot twists are better, and the happy endings are happier. Find somebody who will stay and sit through the ending credits with you because they are so content being by your side.

You should date somebody who isn’t able to put you on a scale from 1-10 even if they are asked, because they know you are so much more complex than a number. Find somebody who appreciates you the way you aspire to appreciate yourself.

The person you’re with doesn’t have to do all these things intentionally. In order to be the perfect person, they only have to be the perfect person for you. Date somebody who makes you study harder, believe in your goals and dreams, and takes the time to do what makes you happy. Date somebody who makes you feel strong and unapologetically yourself.

Find the person who challenges you to open your mind and see (or hear) things a little differently. Date somebody who makes the little things in life, like music, just a little bit better.

Photo credit: 1, 2, 3,

UCF Contributor