Cyber Monday: As Told by Jess From New Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

For all of my certified online shoppers out there, you know the true joy that Cyber Monday brings us self-proclaimed shopaholics. Once you get past that middle school “feel like a rebel going to the mall without your mom during Black Friday” phase, you realize that rude people and claustrophobic crowds are just not your thing. Coming from someone who is in a long-term relationship with her bed and has a thing for high-speed Wi-Fi, Cyber Monday has become something of an art form for me. If there’s one other person who totally gets it, it’s Jess from “New Girl!”

Cyber Monday just started and you can’t hide your excitement (mainly because you don’t have to deal with people.) #Winning

A few texts start flooding in from your friends asking why you’d rather be online shopping than hanging out with them.

You finally open up the webpage of your favorite store and see how cheap everything is.

There it is; that extremely overpriced (but totally adorable) sweater you’ve been drooling over for months ON SALE!

But they ran out of it in your size.

*Queue the mini pep talk that you came up with for small tragedies and unwanted defeats like this one.* You knew it was going to happen, so time to find something even cuter.

You scroll through the “Tanks & T-shirts” section and come across some potential options. You might need to convince yourself about a few articles of clothing, but that’s never been a problem before considering you’re a shopaholic.

After seeing everything there is to possibly buy, you look at your cart and realize that you’ve racked up 50+ items in less than 20 minutes.

You try narrowing down your selection, but when it comes to clothes you’ve never been good at that sort of thing.

The same stressful cycle repeats at least 7 more times as you (frantically) browse through all of your favorite stores’ websites. 

Some time has passed and your siblings start to wander into your room, curious as to if you’re alive and updating you on the family drama that is happening in the living room.

They then proceed to ask you what you’ve been doing for the past 3 hours.

Your Cyber Monday adventures finally come to an end and you are rather impressed with not only your internet skills, but also the new wardrobe you just attained. 

But that feeling is short lived after you check your bank account….

Happy Cyber Monday shopping! 

Photo credit: Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4, Image 5, Image 6, Image 7, Image 8, Image 9, Image 10, Image 11, Image 12, Image 13, Image 14

Shannon is a Junior at UCF studying Communications and Magazine Journalism. She enjoys laughing, traveling, taking photos, and being a foodie. In her spare time you can find Shannon watching Friends re-runs or blogging. She loves bagels, fashion, listening to throwbacks, and channeling her inner Blake Lively! Follow her on Twitter & Instagram
UCF Contributor