Style

Costume Ideas for Your Astrological Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Still aren’t sure what you want to be for Halloween? Don’t worry, the stars and planets have aligned for you. We’ve had a look at all the star charts and have come up with the perfect costume ideas for you.

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)

There are no boundaries to your imagination, Aquarius, but the stars show that the best costume for you is one with a supernatural element. Sure, you can go be something wild and crazy, but don’t forget how much a classic like a vampire or a zombie is appreciated.

Pisces (February 19 – March 20)

Intuition has always been your strength, my dear Pieces, which is why an animal costume would be perfect for you. The side of you that appreciates fairytales would shine as a unicorn, or appeal to the kind and compassionate aspect of your sign and dress as a classic cat. You can choose any animal you like—I can promise that they all fit you.

Aries (March 21 – April 19)

With your fearless energy and the natural leader in you, the best costume for an Aries is a superhero. You’re as charismatic as Supergirl and as ambitious as Tony Stark. You’ll be saving your friends from all the scares this Halloween.

Taurus (April 20 – May 20)

Following your dreams and ambitions is in your nature, Taurus. The best way to add to that is to dress the part of your dreams. Channel the energy of that doctor that you want to be, or the inner detective in you. Setting this up will set up your mind for the future, and all the compliments that you receive will give you the confidence to pursue your future.

Gemini (May 21 – June 20)

The joke is on you, Gemini, as you’ll probably be laughing at your costume on the inside more than anyone else will. The intellectual side of you is looking into a literal costume. You’ll take phrases like “French kiss,” “black-eyed peas” and “holy cow” in a literal sense and turn them into costumes. Don’t be surprised if you hear crickets in the room. You’ll still be there for a good time. 

Cancer (June 21-July 22)

The conservative side of you will prefer something a little more classic, so an iconic movie character is the way to go. You want to dress up with something you can DIY, but something that everyone will recognize as well. Some costume ideas to consider would be Rose DeWitt Bukater from Titanic or even The Terminator.

Leo (July 23 –  August 22)

You’re usually the center of attention in your friend group, so there’s no question that you’re going A-List this Halloween. Whether it’s a vintage classic, like Marilyn Monroe or Audrey Hepburn, to today’s major players like Meghan Markle or Lady Gaga, your costume will take the cake. Your competitive nature will be kept at bay with your costume that’s cool enough for a royal.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22)

For your practical side, you’re leaning towards a practical costume, Virgo. What’s more practical than food? Everyone loves you, and you keep people alive. The popular idea is avocado toast or some version of a pumpkin, but it’s going to be hard to resist something as sweet as a cupcake on a night like Halloween.

Libra (September 23 – October 22)

With your elegant and charming nature, Libra, you’ll cast a successful spell on someone this Halloween if you went as a spell caster. Being ruled by air, a fairy costume would be natural for you, but you could do just as well as the mermaid casting spells on sailors. A classic idea would be to dress up as a witch or wizard.

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)

Characterized by your unpredictable nature, Halloween is always a time for you to let your wild side out. This year, you’ll surprise everyone with a spin on the intergalactic trend. From aliens to astronauts, there’s no doubt that your costume will be out of this world. The best part? You can utilize glitter as stars.

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

Positivity is never far from your mind, Sagittarius. The best costume for you is the one that makes you think of good times and laughter: cartoon characters. Use your imagination to think of characters that made you laugh like Spongebob, or as cool as Daphne from “Scooby-Doo.”

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)

Capricorn, the side of you that has high expectations loves to take Halloween to another level. The costume for you is one that truly represents the holiday, which means that you’ll want to give everyone a real scare. You might as well get a job at Halloween Horror Nights, because your costume will be nothing like the boogeyman. You’ll gravitate towards costumes as scary as the “It” clown, or the menacing “Chucky” doll.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Kristi currently and MFA candidate at the University of Central Florida studying Creative Writing. A former resident at the Atlantic Center for the Arts, she loves pop culture, food, and the humanity of people. When she isn't writing, you can find her reading a book, spending time with loved ones, or going on and on about how cute dogs are. Or, specifically, how her dog Damian is the most handsome angel boy.
UCF Contributor