Cosmo Campus Tour Brings Glam Back to School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

There are very few opinions that truly matter in this world, those of your mother, your best friend, and, above all, Cosmopolitan. So when what some of us affectionately refer to as ‘The Bible’ announced their Campus Tour, the response from UCF Collegiates was, to put it lightly, very enthusiastic.

Cosmopolitan decked out the UCF bookstore with tons of booths for hair consultations, manicures, and mini makeovers, not to mention the opportunity to win an awesome Ann Taylor sweepstakes and a $1,000 scholarship! HerCampus stopped by the event on Monday, and not only did we score some awesome freebies, but we were able to talk to a few of you who came out as well!

Samantha Crum, a senior here at UCF, was in line getting books when she saw the Cosmo events. She was in line for a makeup consultation when we found her.

“I like to think I’m way more into makeup than I actually am,” Samantha said. “I definitely like to try new things.”

Catalina Young, a freshman, told HerCampus that she planned her entire day around the event! Looking super stylish with her blonde hair and aquamarine tips, Young had just finished a hair consultation when we caught up with her. With a box of Loreal hair dye and shampoo/conditioner samples in tow, the nursing major filled us in on some tips the hair consultant gave her.

“She said [my hair] was really cool, but that it would probably dry out my hair and fade, so I’m gonna get it cut and re-do it,” Catalina said, showing us the box of Loreal. “I’m definitely glad I came out.”

Did you visit the Cosmo campus tour? If you did, upload pictures of your new swag to Instagram or Twitter using the official Cosmo hashtag, #CosmoCampusTour, and make sure to tag us at @hercampusucf as well!