CJ Curran ‘13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The Romantic Outdoorsman

Major: Pre-Clinical for Physical Therapy

Age: 21

What are your hobbies?
I spend most of my time outside. Sports are a major part of my life; I paddle out to surf any chance that I get, and I go hiking on the Appalachian Trial a couple times a year.

What are your favorite things to do/places to go in Orlando?
I don’t really have anything specific. I’m pretty much open to everything but I do like going to shows downtown at The Social and Back Booth. I really like the vibe downtown both in the day and at night.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I definitely hope to have my own physical therapy practice by then and a wife at least, but maybe a kid or two. Hopefully I’m living on the beach somewhere.

How would your friends describe you?
I think they would describe me as loyal, genuine, spontaneous, and determined.

What’s your favorite band/artist and why?
Man, it’s hard to just pick one but I guess I’ll say Mumford and Sons since they just released their new album. But I love the passion and depth in both their sound and their lyrics.

Who’s your celebrity crush and why?
It’s probably Zooey Deschanel. She cute, funny and weird, and I like it!

Describe the perfect girl:
Someone who is comfortable with their self, stands by their beliefs and faith in God, and is just not afraid to be different or go against “the grain” a little.

Describe an ideal date:
I would say it would be one that starts and ends at the beach. Just enjoying each other, not worrying about time or anybody around us, not having anything specific planned…just “be” with each other and enjoy whatever happens.

What’s the nicest thing you’ve ever done for a girl?
For the girl I last dated, I wrote her a list of 100 reasons why I’m crazy for her. It was from the heart, made with my own hands, and I was pretty proud of it. Ha.