free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Chronicles of the UCF Music Building: Steve Amann

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Here at UCF, despite all the jokes of “You Can’t Finish,” we are here as a student body to get things done. We have big dreams, and intend to fulfill them. That requires being hard working, passionate individuals. This is evidently proven through our business students, educators, artists, and musicians. Working hard means spending a lot of time in one’s work, even at night in some cases. Being in the UCF Music Building late at night for weekly meetings has allowed me to encounter many of those hard working, nocturnal musicians. Every time I see these individuals, I am struck with curiosity to discover what work they were attending to. Last week, I ran into Steve, and was finally able to satisfy that curiosity.

Encounter: Steve Amann – Time: 10:45 PM – Location: Second floor by the stairs

1. Tell me about yourself!

I am a Graduate student hoping to pursue studies in Conducting next fall. I play Saxophone as my primary instrument, with secondaries such as Clarinet, Oboe, Flute, Trumpet, and French Horn.

2. What brings you to the Music Building today?

I had a hankering to practice after work, so here I am!

3. Do you consider yourself a lover of music? If so, why do you love music?

Music is what I love, what I have a passion for, and what drives me to new heights each and every day.

4. Is there anything you’re preparing for in the next few weeks?

I got moved to lead tenor in a jazz band I just started with, so I’m learning the steps on how to properly improvise and read chord changes for the music we are preparing.

5. What is your favorite thing about the Music Building at night

Probably practicing in the student lounge. The acoustics are amazing, and since there isn’t usually anyone here late at night it isn’t bothersome to others who are socializing throughout the building.

Keep up the hard work, Steve!

Main Image, Second image taken by writer. 

Natalia is a proud latina, and a Senior at the University of Central Florida. Majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies, with a double minor in Mass Communication and Mass Collective and Culture Behavior, she hopes to eternally study the World for all its' features. An old soul and a child at heart, some of her favorite things include flowers, her 3DS, cheap paperbacks, 80's sitcoms, drag queens, and nifty scarves. Always practicing mindfulness and balance, Natalia dreams of a picturesque beach, with no clouds in the sky and a perfected Spotify playlist. Keep on Keepin' on. 
UCF Contributor