This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Living in Central Florida has quite literally made me lose count of how many times I’ve woken up, excitedly checked the weather app on my iPhone and rejoiced at the sight of high 60’s, to then find myself wiping droplets of sweat underneath my oversized sweater and scarf as the day goes on. Simply put, Central Florida is without a doubt bipolar as *@!%.

So I took it upon my own liberty to ruffle inside my wardrobe and check out which pieces already keep me toasty warm in the mornings and nice and comfortable throughout the day. All of these concepts can be reinvented and because us Floridian’s love to crank out the knee high’s as soon as the first cool breeze runs through, here are the four ways to deal with Florida’s “winter” weather. 

Low 80’s 

Shirt (TJJMAX) Skirt (Target) Booties (Payless) Socks (Payless) Necklace (Tilly’s)

Channel your inner Lana with Aztec prints and a long fringe! This light oversized top provides enough coverage to allow you to bare your legs. Pair these buckled booties with thin below the knee socks and you wont’ have to worry about a glistening upper lip after your morning Starbucks run.  Add a tribal inspired silver necklace and boom! You’re done. 

High 70’s

Dress (Forema Boutique) Cardigan (Francesca’s) Booties (Payless) Necklace (Aldo) Hat (Aldo) Crossbody (Chanel) 

Life hack: when in doubt, throw on a shift dress. These lovely garments can be paired up with practically anything. For a cooler day pair it up with a long cozy cardigan, booties, and a floppy wool hat. Another thing you can never go wrong with, a long mixed metals necklace. Does this scream brunch at Briarpatch, or what? 

Low 70’s

Shirt (Francesca’s) Leggings (TJJMAX) Booties (Payless) Necklace (Forever 21) Crossbody (Chanel) 

Who doesn’t love donning on a pair of leggings? Basic betches everywhere say, no one. Drape over a whimsical long sleeve patterned with fall colors, step into those lovely booties and don’t forget a long triangle necklace to complete the look. Voila! You’re ready to step into fall.

High 60’s

Shirt (Forever 21) Pants (H&M) Cardigan (Francesca’s) Booties (Payless) Necklace (Tilly’s) Bracelets (Alex & Ani)

Do not be afraid, I repeat, on days like this layers are perfectly acceptable without worrying about them sticking all together. Layer a long sleeve underneath a cozy cardigan over a nice pair of pants and all you need is to do is go bananas with those accessories. Add a pop of color or dress it up or down with booties or combat boots, check below for more options on how to add garments to your favorite Florida fall fashion. 

Mix and match or kick it up a notch, basic and fun pieces are the perfect way to transition into cooler days! Check it out:

Black Booties (Payless) Brown Booties (Target) Necklaces (left to right: Aldo, Tilly’s, Tilly’s, Forever 21) Crossbody’s (Chanel, Michael Kors)

Scarves (left to right: Forema Boutique, Payless, Forever 21) Hat (Aldo) Socks (Payless)