This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Brown made a major comeback this year, and many are even calling it the color of the season (hence the title of this article). I mean, what’s not to love? It’s flattering and different, and it pairs well with a wide variety of colors. Brown is the new black! That may be a bold statement, but I believe it. My closet has transitioned from the same black top in different styles to loads of brown tones, and I’m loving it.

Now, don’t get me wrong — if I saw a brown top at the mall last year, I wouldn’t have even considered buying it. But this year I was influenced by some of my favorite fashion bloggers to try out the now-iconic color, and I will never look back. As we know, trends come and go, but I’m hoping brown will stay.

Let’s be real, trying out a new wardrobe color or piece can be intimidating, so here are a couple of my favorite ways to rock brown.

Throw on a pop of color 

Finding colors that complement each other can be hard. So, to make your life a bit easier, I’ve experimented and found that pink, blue and sage green perfectly complement brown. A pop of color can add a little bit of spice to any outfit. A pop of color + the color of the season (AKA brown) = the perfect outfit.

Brown accessories 

What do I love more than adding accessories to elevate a simple outfit? Adding BROWN accessories. Throw on a brown silky scarf for a girly vibe or a shoulder bag for a chic look and you just created an iconic brown OOTD.

Monochromatic looks 

This might be my favorite way to style brown colored clothing. All you have to do is take different shades of brown, cream and beige, and pair them together. Let me give you an example. Take a dark brown corset top, pair it with beige wide-leg trousers and cream-colored boots, and you’ve just created the perfect monochromatic outfit.

There you go — some of my favorite ways to style brown! Don’t be afraid to experiment and make the iconic color match your personality and style! You’ll be surprised at how versatile brown can be.

With aspirations of pursuing a career in digital marketing, Valerie is studying Business Marketing and Mass Media at the University of Central Florida. She is an affordable fashion blogger and content creator on Instagram, TikTok, and her website (http://valstyled.com/). She can always be found at the nearest coffee shop or thrifting for her online reselling business, Poshvall on the Poshmark app. Keep up with her on Instagram: @_valerieescobar_
UCF Contributor