This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It’s finally fall. Though it may not feel like it here in sunny Florida it hasn’t stopped the fashion conscious from integrating their fall fashion with the heat that we live with. I recently spotted UCF student Rebecca Madriz, walking pass the Visual Arts Building on campus. She sported an adorable retro look that made me run back to take her picture.

The 21 year old AD/PR major is a perfect example on how to dress like its fall even when it feels like the opposite! Her incorporation of an oceanic color pallet and retro accessories make for an outfit all Rebecca’s own. Donning a chic sheer button-down dress, she kept her look cool as she strolled about campus one evening. Her dress was fitting but cut in a way that made it respectful and acceptable for places such as school and work. Though simple in all of the other areas the dress had one special feature: a dainty Peter-Pan collar that was beaded with tiny sliver-beads. It was a tiny unexpected feature on such a simple dress.

Like any good Florida girl she also wore a  pair of well-made sandals to keep her feet and outfit causal but not sloppy.

The finishing touches on this look were the styling and accessorizing. Madriz gave her look an old Hollywood feel with a white flower that she clipped into her hair.  A flower, fake or real, is an inexpensive way to glam up your style while also giving it a vintage feel. Keeping with her retro look she complemented her outfit with simple but cheeky skull stud earrings and a dainty diamond ring. Though her ring was adorable, it was only a complement to her sweet set of royal blue nails accented with a soft teal. She completed the outfit with a pair of oval framed sunglasses.

As each day passes and the air starts to get a bit crisper I excitedly see more and more people put away their summer brights and trade them in for the colors of fall. Being a Floridian it can sometimes be a disappointment when the it doesn’t get as cold as we want it to be but the great thing about living in Florida is that we do fall and winter wear in a way all our own.

Stay tuned for more Around HerCampus Style!