This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Big Time Rush is back and better than ever! Twelve-year-old me would definitely not believe it! If you didn’t know already, Big Time Rush is a boy band that consists of Kendall Schmidt, James Maslow, Logan Henderson and Carlos PenaVega. The group was formed back in 2009 for Nickelodeon’s show, Big Time Rush, and it was one of the channel’s biggest successes. One of their hit songs “Worldwide” has over 156M views on YouTube.

With Big Time Rush’s charming personalities and amazing harmonies, they instantly became the biggest teen heartthrobs of the 2010s and gained a huge fanbase! After completing four seasons of the show and releasing three albums, the group went their separate ways in 2013 but remained very close friends. Over the years, the loyal fanbase stuck around and waited for a much-needed reunion. The members have been planning one for a while but never found the right time to do it — until now! 

After an eight-year hiatus, the boys have officially reunited. The group just did their first performance together in years at Q102’s Jingle Ball within hours of releasing their newest hit, “Call It Like I See It.” And it’s only the beginning! With more new music coming out and upcoming sold-out shows in Chicago and NYC, it’s clear that they will be back for a while. It’s the only life you got, so you gotta live it big time, right?

Carissa is a senior majoring in Communication with a focus in business. When she's not writing, she loves to spend her free time online shopping, reading romance books, traveling, and going to theme parks!