samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

To be a UCF Business Major…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Ah, to be a UCF business student.

To share in the common practice that is…

Getting suited up for business lectures/meetings/interviews way too often.

Thanks Banana Republic, sorry bank account!

Having 5 different websites to do your homework on…

Desperately filling out financial statements on aforementioned websites before they’re due at midnight.

When you have all lecture-capture courses so you tell yourself you’re going to be a good student and watch every lecture, just like if there was mandatory attendance.

You totally have the willpower to watch that accounting class every Friday night instead of going out…

When that plan falls through and you finally get to watching that accounting class you literally forgot you were taking.

It’s been a while since any of this content looked familiar.

Subsequently trying not to fail accounting.

But then it’s time for the test and you don’t get a COBA pass the day everyone, their friends, extended family, and the entire nation of Canada are all scheduled to take their exams on the same day.

Thankfully, Study Cube came in clutch and you passed the test!

Study Cube is like that friend that bought you pizza when you were broke and forgot lunch, but then they made you pay for it later, which you don’t exactly like but honestly you’re just thankful for the pizza.

When you take hours to email your professor an important question and they tell you to “ask a TA.”

Did you even read that email?  I seriously doubt it.

But if you learn nothing else, at least shaking hands is an art you have mastered at its highest level.

What do we say to dead fish hands?

Photo Credit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Lauren Polson is a junior majoring in business management at the University of Central Florida.  She could live off of a diet of straight burritos, and has done so on multiple occasions.   Black beans are definitely better than pinto, and it’s hot salsa or bust.  Light on the cilantro. Extra cheese.  Extra sour cream.  Yeah I know guac is extra, I know what I want.
UCF Contributor