Battle of the Bachelorettes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

This season of ABC’s The Bachelorette will certaintly be a battle of the bachelorettes and has caused the most controversy the show has had in a while. Here are the 17 thoughts that were probably going through your head after Chris Harrison announced that there would be not one, but two bachelorettes this season. 

1. WHAT?!?

2. Grab the popcorn…it’s going to get interesting

3. Kaitlyn totally got gypped #TeamKaitlyn

4. This seems sexist…women already have to compete with each other enough, why emphasize that on this show? 

5. I’m boycotting this show! 

6. Wait who am I kidding? No I’m not…I definitely want to see who ends up being the final bachelorette. 

7. Is it just me or does Britt look like a life sized Bratz doll? 

8. It’s funny because Britt and Kaitlyn hated each other on the Bachelor and now they have to pretend to be bff’s. Watching them walk out on stage was just uncomfortable…hello, they’re each others competition. 

9. So does this mean Britt will shower now? 

10. This could go one of two ways. Either Britt gets voted off the first night and Kaitlyn becomes the rightful bachelorette or Britt wins the mens vote and becomes the next “villian bachelorette” to boost the shows raitings. She wouldn’t be quite as bad as the dreaded Juan Pablo, but she’s be a close second and fans couldn’t pin it back on ABC because the men picked her…genius right?! 

11. I wonder what past bachelor and bachelorettes have to say about this? Oh wait, I don’t have to wonder…they’re already live tweeting everything. Sean Lowe definitely had a few words to say about it.  

12. Wow, ABC is going to make so much money off of this. 

13. When Chris Harrison said this was going to be “a shocking, never before seen twist” he was actually accurate for once. 

14. How can 25 men really pick who should stay after one night? Clearly it’s going to be a superficial beauty contest.

15. I wonder if the show will rig who the men pick? 

16. Here comes another season of Britt fake crying the whole time. 

17. I may have to break the rules and go against all of my bachelor/bachelorette beliefs by taking a peak at Reality Steve’s spoiler website. 

Jessica is a Junior at UCF majoring in Advertising and Public Relations. I would love to end up in the Big Apple one day and find a job that combines my passion for writing, fitness, and social media. When she isn't writing for Her Campus you can catch her hanging out with her sisters of Kappa Alpha Theta or looking up gif images on google. She enjoys brunch and any kind of breakfast food, has a very large Sperry Top-Sider collection, and follows Doug The Pug on all social media platforms. Follow Jessica on Instagram and Twitter! 
UCF Contributor