This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Finding faith through fall
Reflecting through leaves and pine
Heartwarming new hope.

Autumn is the season when everything starts to change. Fall is the time to rejuvenate as the weather gets colder, signifying sweater season’s beginning. The hot, vibrant days may be over, but there’s a glimmer of hope within the soft brown shades.

We fall in love as the leaves turn brown. Whether for a person, hobby, or yourself, fall is the season of being thankful.

Everything starts to cool down as you reflect on your old self. Like an old leaf, you begin to change as the year begins to close.
During the nights, I sit down, reminiscing on my experiences throughout 2022.

I look at the ceiling as I reflect on the good and the bad — my rises and falls.
As the tree leaves change color and natural daylight fades away, I often find myself adjusting.

As time moves slowly, we continue to go through the motions of life.

Eat. Sleep. Work. Repeat.

However, we need to go beyond that foundation and flourish.

Life is more than riding the wind. Life is about igniting a flame, and fall is the perfect season to introduce innovation.

Autumn is the time to unravel, recharge, and take a break while finding yourself again.

Wrapping yourself into a cocoon of blankets to find warmth and clarity, you immerse yourself in tranquility and transformation.

elijah m henderson DMED sOt1Ak unsplash

Photo by Elijah M. Henderson on Unsplash

Reflect. Refocus. Regain.

I’m changing. You’re changing.

The thought of change is, at first, scary. However, growth revolves around change. Growth also revolves around the art of letting go: letting go of your past actions and of those who no longer choose to be in your life.
You’re allowing yourself to release what could or should’ve been.

Lastly, autumn symbolizes uncovering the mysteries of the unknown.

We may not know what’s in store for us next, but we will prepare to embark on our next journey.

Time is fleeting, and it’s time to harvest your new era.
Gather your emotions and self-worth, and like a monarch butterfly, spread your wings and fly.

Fly to new heights and challenge yourself as if you have nothing to lose.

As you begin preparing to end the year, I recommend planting a seed on how you plan to grow.
Whether wanting to grow physically, mentally, or spiritually, fall is the perfect time to turn a new leaf.
As the leaves droop brown, fall paves the opening for a new beginning.

Eliana Jacobs is a National Contributing Writer for Her Campus. Born and raised in Southwest Florida, Eliana writes articles about lifestyle, Her 20s, and career-related goals/activities. Before becoming a national writer, Eliana wrote under the UCF Her Campus Chapter,where she wrote about health and wellness. Additionally, she has a passion for social justice, advocacy, and race-related news. Beyond Her Campus, Eliana also writes flash fiction and poetry for the nation’s largest student-run organization, Strike Magazine. Some of her most recent publications include Life In Plastic: It’s “Fantastic”. Eliana also was awarded multiple honorable mentions for her writing during her undergraduate career in her school’s Tutors’ Choice Flash Fiction Contest. Lastly, she recently graduated from the University of Central Florida, earning a dual degree in Sociology and Interdisciplinary Studies on a Pre-Medical Track. Ultimately, Eliana aspires to pursue an MD/MPH to specialize in Pediatric Endocrinology while intersecting her passion for public health through medical research, poetry, and journalism. In her free time, Eliana enjoys shopping, working out, and traveling. Lastly, Eliana loves exploring local cuisines and documenting restaurants she tried (Orlando and beyond) on her food Instagram.