lemon sugar moisturizer kit?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lemon sugar moisturizer kit?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Amazon
Style > Beauty

An All-Natural, DIY Face Mask Recipe Book

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

When I was younger, I was one with nature. Not to say that I’m not now, but a younger me meant digging into bushes, plucking colorful flowers with my soil-tainted hands and attempting to miraculously create natural perfume by crushing flowers and leaves together (I know, I was a wild child). No matter how many times I tried, my perfume never smelled like something I’d want to put on myself, so I gave up trying to create my own beauty products. It wasn’t until I grew older that I realized by using nature’s gifts, I could (successfully) integrate beauty and everyday household items to improve my skin.

With the help of my mom, I started learning to make my own DIY face masks, and if I’m being quite honest, they transformed my life! With the addition of these recipes to my beauty routine, I felt more confident with my skin and thus began a spiral into my love for natural beauty. That said, here are some of my favorite (and delicious) ingredients you’ll see me slathering on my face, if I’m not eating them of course!

Yogurt on Yogurt 

We all know yogurt is great for adding to our favorite morning breakfast, but did you know that it provides a multitude of benefits for your skin? According to Organic Authority, yogurt contains alpha hydroxy acid, which dissolves dead skin cells. Yogurt is also great for treating acne, blemishes and sunburn. 

Yogurt & Honey Mask

1/2 cup of whole milk plain yogurt

1 spoon of raw all-natural honey 

Mix ingredients in a bowl and apply generously to face. Leave on for 15 minutes or until hardened, wash off for soft supple skin. This can be used every day or once a week!

Totes Oats

One of the great things about oats is that they act as a natural exfoliant, which is why this mask is great if you want something to substitute for a harsh scrub! According to Bellatory, oats are great for sensitive skin, and are even better for oily skin, as it restores your skin’s natural oil barrier, bringing peace and balance to your skin!

Oats & Milk Mask

1/2 cup of soaked oats

2 spoons of milk 

Mix ingredients and scrub on face in circular motions. Wash product off of your face for yummy-scented, exfoliated skin!

Turmeric Galore 

Turmeric is a plant that is native to east India and is known for healing skin conditions, treating oily skin and even preventing skin cancer! Beware of putting too much turmeric, as its tendency to stain might leave you with a slightly tinted yellow face!

Turmeric & Yogurt & Lemon Mask 

1/4 spoon of turmeric

1/2 cup of yogurt 

2 drops of lemon juice 

Mix all ingredients and apply generously to face. Wash product off of your face for an illuminating glow that will last all day!

All ingredient amounts listed above will last you for at least a week and are all suggestions! Feel free to make adjustments based on what you think your skin needs! However, I do highly recommend that you truly enjoy the moment, sink into relaxation and reap the benefits when using any (or all) of these recipes.

Manisha is currently a student at the University of Central Florida studying finance. She loves all things sweet and artsy. If she's not stuffing her face with the colorful ice cream or drawing pictures of her cat, then she's probably reading all things astrology or singing her heart away to all of her favorite R&B artists. Her dream is to be a CEO and have her own beauty brand focusing on natural, clean products that will transform the beauty industry!
UCF Contributor