ABBY LEE MILLER IS RELEASING HER REALITY SERIES ‘MAD HOUSE’ AND I WILL BE WATCHING

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Have you heard the news? Abby Lee Miller is returning to reality TV! If you’re anything like me, you know how shocking this is. In recent years, Miller has not been involved in much. In fact, she left the limelight in May 2020 due to some health conditions and even spent a year in prison, but her love for dance never left. 

The former Dance Moms star has already announced her new reality series Mad House. In this series, Miller trains a team of dancers for competitions, with the end goal of advancing some into her Mad House, where they can further their careers. Miller makes sure to be clear that she only wants professionally trained dancers on this show; at the beginning of the trailer, we can hear Miller say, “I am not looking for an elite team anymore. I’m looking for a professional working group of dancers.”

So far, only the trailer for Mad House has been released. It starts with Miller welcoming the group of dancers she handpicked herself. Since it’s a reality show, we can only expect that there’s going to be drama, and if you’re familiar with Dance Moms, then you know that the drama was enough to make the world go crazy.

Although every episode of Dance Moms had drama in it, it also showed the personal lives of the young dancers and the moms. A lot of the drama that occurred on Dance Moms was from the moms themselves. The fights that these women would get into in front of their children were insane. Looking back on past episodes of Dance Moms, it’s absolutely hilarious to watch them argue and get really upset over a few dance routines.

You can already tell that there’s going to be tension between the dancers and Miller on Mad House. You can hear bits and pieces of a conversation between the dancers talking about how they feel betrayed and how they can’t trust people in the Mad House. We even hear the classic, “Put the camera away!” from one of the dancers.

I love that we get a sneak peek into each dancer and their moves. Hopefully, we’ll get to see the dancers in a more personal manner as the show progresses. We do get to see a group dance for a split second in the trailer, showing us that the dancers need to work together under Miller. At the end of the day, she’s the mastermind behind it all.

This reality show makes me feel nostalgic because reality TV nowadays is nothing like it used to be. I grew up watching Dance Moms, Jersey Show, and The Real Housewives, and those shows always made you interested in the episodes because something new was always happening. It was just so entertaining to watch, and I hope Mad House has the same effect.

Mad House premieres on Sept. 29th and I’m positive it’s going to captivate its audiences. Reality TV is back baby!

Bellanee Plaza is the Campaign Director of Her Campus UCF. She is a senior studying at the University of Central Florida with a major in journalism and a minor in film. Bella is originally from Miami and is half-Colombian, half-Puerto Rican. She loves to roller skating, paint, and read enemies to lovers.